Setting up MS365 integration with least privilege

WCSInfrastructure

Customer
Joined
Apr 10, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Hello,

When I go to set up MS365 integration as a Global Admin, I have to approve the Graph API permissions shown in the attachment.

The permissions aren't what I expect, for example, I want to save voicemails in SharePoint, but there is nothing about SharePoint. Instead it has "read and write applications", "manage app permission grants and app role assignments", and "manage all delegated permission grants".

We're a big company and there are lot of hoops to jump through for security, that is a lot of privilege for any Microsoft app registration. I'm trying to understand why it needs those permissions so I can explain it & get approved, or we come up with a workaround. For example, will this app registration then create additional app registrations for the systems it needs access to? Can I just skip to that part & create those app registrations manually for things like email, SharePoint? Any insight appreciated.

-NickInkedScreenshot 2025-06-25 133731_LI.jpg
 
Once the integration is setup, you can delete that app from your Entra apps. It creates another for the PBX itself.
 
Thanks, it might have even deleted itself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT