- Joined
- Mar 2, 2024
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi there.
Have a Polycom VVX 450 which came with a firmware higher than is currently supported by 3CX.
Current documentation recommends to use Polycom's built-in update function to obtain and install the correct firmware on the device:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/firmware-update-polycom-vvx/
This is no longer possible as the maximum available version from Polycom's update server is 6.4.5. The version 3CX requires is 6.4.3.5018
In searching for answers, I came across a thread where a user was recommended to use the "+Firmware" button in the Phones section to force a firmware downgrade to a supported version.
https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...-provisioning-files-not-on-3cx-server.117477/
When I do this, it initiates a reboot on the phone and did actually downgrade the firmware somewhat. But the firmware the device ended up on is 6.4.3.5059 and any attempts to downgrade it further are not resulting in the firmware version going down. Despite the 3CX page correctly showing it is going to go from 6.4.3.5059 > 6.4.3.5018, when the phone reboots it's still on 6.4.3.5059
I've attempted to set up my TFTP server and add the firmware file to that, but the phone seems to refuse to consider flashing it because it's a lower version than what it already has.
Any ideas on how I can resolve this?
Have a Polycom VVX 450 which came with a firmware higher than is currently supported by 3CX.
Current documentation recommends to use Polycom's built-in update function to obtain and install the correct firmware on the device:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/firmware-update-polycom-vvx/
This is no longer possible as the maximum available version from Polycom's update server is 6.4.5. The version 3CX requires is 6.4.3.5018
In searching for answers, I came across a thread where a user was recommended to use the "+Firmware" button in the Phones section to force a firmware downgrade to a supported version.
https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...-provisioning-files-not-on-3cx-server.117477/
When I do this, it initiates a reboot on the phone and did actually downgrade the firmware somewhat. But the firmware the device ended up on is 6.4.3.5059 and any attempts to downgrade it further are not resulting in the firmware version going down. Despite the 3CX page correctly showing it is going to go from 6.4.3.5059 > 6.4.3.5018, when the phone reboots it's still on 6.4.3.5059
I've attempted to set up my TFTP server and add the firmware file to that, but the phone seems to refuse to consider flashing it because it's a lower version than what it already has.
Any ideas on how I can resolve this?