• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx to CME

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been asked to integrate our Call Manager Express to the 3CX system. I've set a dial peer for extensions on the 3cx but it doesnt work. Is the 3CX system capable of integrating to the Cisco CME?

Thanks,

Phil

Hello,
Welcome to 3CX
I do not know Cisco CME But I think you can depend on 3CX 100 %

CME is lightweight call routing software embedded in a voice gateway and Cisco's gateway implementation of SIP is V2 compliant so what I think you’re actually asking is does 3CX work with Cisco gateways including VOIP dial-peers? The answer is most definitely yes.

We have 3CX working through Cisco routers with Primary ISDN30, Basic ISDN2, FXO analog lines, FXS ports for phones/fax and VOIP to VOIP dial-peers complemented with IP SIP trunk connectivity through SipRoute.

Thanks for that.

I think I'm really asking how to set up a sip trunk between the CME and the 3CX system. I've tried dialling from the CME and all I get is a "not in service" tone. I look at the 3CX log and find that it says evt::CheckIfAuthIsRequired::not_handled. Is it asking for authentication for the call?

Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

Phil

It will do yes, you have two choices, turn off auth in 3CX or on later IOS you can do auth from the sip-ua config. Also the VOIP line will need ID by way of the CME IP in the host-part or or some similar ID.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I finally got the cals going from the 3C to the CME but every time I try to call the other way I still get the "number not in use" tone on the phone. I think I set up a trunk correctly using sip-ua. I set the username and password to the same as the voip gateway option in 3CX but it still dosnt seem to be working. Do I have to add the extensions connected to the CME into the 3CX system or will configuring a trunk be enough?

Thanks,

Phil

if you do a show dialplan number xxxx (whatever on 3CX) on the CME to check you have a match and its going to the 3CX box (or use debug), if that's successful check the 3CX logs, it may be rejecting the call as an unknown (3CX ID tag for the line) or unauthorised (SIP-UA/3CX details) as previously stated you can disable this requirement but then anyone can use the trunk!! (security is already becoming a BIG issue for VOIP) If you see nothing in the 3CX logs and the dialplan is matched then its time to check DNS if your using it, if that's OK then you'll need to whip out your network analyser....

Hi,

This is really confusing at the moment. I've configured a dial peer that points directly to an extension on the 3CX box. I keep getting a number not in use tone. I can make calls from the 3X to the CME but not the other way round. I've got the log output here. It says that it keeps asking for authentication from the CME phone but I dont want to register the CME phones with the 3CX. I've got no authentication on the link between the 3CX and the CME as far as I know but it is still asking for credentials.

14:20:49.484 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: INVITE [email protected]:5060 tid=18BA6592 cseq=INVITE [email protected]:5060 / 102 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings
14:20:48.718 evt::CheckIfAuthIsRequired::not_handled [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
INVITE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.2:5060;branch=z9hG4bK18BA5AE3
Max-Forwards: 70
To: [sip:[email protected]]
From: "Mission Control"[sip:[email protected]];tag=23FE5D14-224F
Call-ID: [email protected]
CSeq: 101 INVITE
Expires: 180
Min-SE: 1800
Allow: INVITE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, ACK, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, REGISTER
Call-Info: [sip:192.168.1.2:5060];method="NOTIFY;Event=telephone-event;Duration=2000"
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:20:59 GMT
Supported: 100rel, timer, resource-priority, replaces
Timestamp: 1220188859
User-Agent: Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x
Allow-Events: telephone-event
Content-Length: 0
Cisco-Guid: 2065423731-1989546461-2248924409-3152190546

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

This is VERY frustrating. I'm sure its just a simple setting that I've not configured but I still cant get the Call Manager Express to call the 3CX system. The call will go from 3CX to CME ok. The 3CX will also call out to the pstn using the CME as the gateway. The logs are as above still. The 3CX wants some sort of authentication for the CME extensions. Does this mean that I have to register ALL the CME phones with the 3CX system for it to work?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,

I am not sure if this applies with CME, but I use a Cisco 2811 as a gateway for a v5.1 3CX system. I created the line (10006) in 3CX and selected "does not require registration". In the router configuration I have the following two sections which provide authentication

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description this is necessary to register with 3CX
destination-pattern 10006
port 0/1/0:23

sip-ua
authentication username 10006 password 123456
no remote-party-id
registrar ipv4:10.1.30.3 expires 360
sip-server ipv4:10.1.30.3

There needs to be a dial-peer with the line number as the destination pattern.

Mark

Brilliant!!

I knew that I'd missed something and that was it! I made the dial peer with the line number on the 3CX and it worked straight away.
Thank you very much....it's stopped the sleepless nights.. :p

Many thanks....

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.