• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Abyss Web server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart.rendall

Reaction score
When trying to access the phone system using a web browser or the 'myphone' portal the following error message is displayed-

Error 500

Internal Server Error

Powered by Abyss Web Server X1
Copyright © Aprelium - 2001-2010

The dedicated management console works fine - as does most other aspects of the system (v9.0.13545.592 SP.3).

What would be the most practical things to investigate be?

Hi, do you have an anti-virus installed where the 3cxPhonsystem is running?
Error 500 - Internal Server means that abyss is constantly crashing due to an application running in your system.
Please check and let me know.

Thanks and Regards.

MichaelB said:
Hi, do you have an anti-virus installed where the 3cxPhonsystem is running?
Error 500 - Internal Server means that abyss is constantly crashing due to an application running in your system.
Please check and let me know.

Yes, I performed a reinstall of the system and shortly after, the anti virus software determined the FGIDOTNET2.0.exe process as malware, and attempted to stop it.

The anti virus log showed that it had done this previously when the problem had made itself apparent.

Yes, please disable your antivirus from your system.
Also you will need to install the 3cx Phone system again to avoid having missing files / corrupted.
Thanks

If you need to leave your anti virus running, then get it to ignore the 3cx directories and abyss server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.