• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can’t install v10 Desktop Components due to error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmm

Reaction score
Hello. Just upgraded from v9 to v10 (and moved to a dedicated 3CX server – 2008 R2) and am having this consistent issue putting MyPhone on first desktop (my Vista laptop):
Run the exe.
First error is that there is not enough disc space to uncompress and install prerequisite software (not true).
Second error is that .NET4 prerequisite was not correctly installed 4154. But I have .NET4 in and up-to-date. But given issue 1 I could accept.
Third error is I don’t have sufficient privileges, so log on as Administrator (again, not true – I am Administrator of this computer).
Any ideas gratefully received. Thank you.

Update on this: for sure it’s a Vista OS issue – I’ve had failed (as described above) installs on two Vista OS clients, while having two perfect installs on Windows 7 OS clients.

If anyone has any pointers that’d be great as we use Assistant (now MyPhone) to indicate incoming queues and as of this weekend’s upgrade from v9 to v10, we’re in a bit of state to say the least due to this unforeseen consequence.

Thank you.

install .NET 3.5 and try installing Desktop Components again.

Thanks Dave, but both the Vista machines in question already have .Net 3.5 SP1 on there for another business app. we use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.