• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved: Checking voicemail for 4 digit extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

star1

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
We recently upgraded to V9 SP1 (from v8 backup) and are setup to use 4 digit extensions since. Everything works until we try to check voicemail remotely or for a different extension.

When we dial 9999 and press #, the system prompts for the extension number. We enter the extension, but the system only allows you to enter 3 digits for the and then cuts you off and says extension not found. I confirmed that the custom variable 'ENL' is set to 4. All throughout the system, it's correctly using 4 digits. We only have a problem when checking voicemail.

Any help or workaround is appreciated.

Thanks.
Eric

Re: Checking voicemail for 4 digit extensions

I found a workaround, but it seems that it's a bug that should be fixed.

The LoginVmail.vxml file located in the IVR directory inside the http directory (c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr) contains the following:
Code:
 <field name="ext_number_field">
      <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{3-3}</grammar>

Based on the "3-3" it's hard coded to expect 3 digits even though our system is set to 4. I would think it should have the ENL variable set in there.

I changed our file to read as follows and it works for us now:
Code:
 <field name="ext_number_field">
      <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{4}</grammar>

-Eric

Hi Eric, from what I can see you had a 3digit PBX you made a backup (which had all entries / files / data and so on for 3 digits pbx) and you restored the same backup on a 4 digit pbx?
Correct?
Thanks and Regards

Hi Michael,

That's not actually the case. I was running 4 digit extensions on V.8. Everything was working well. To upgrade to V9, I took a backup of the 4 digit V8 PBX configuration, un-installed V8, installed V9 and then restored the 4 digit backup. As soon as I did that, the problem happened.

-Eric

Hi Eric, is it possible to send me your V8 Backup so I can replicate your issue - [email protected]
Thanks and Regards

This issue is fixed - I just updated on this post - follow the link
http://www.3cx.com/forums/bug-accessing-another-s-voicemail-box-16599.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.