• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

how is "Number of simultaneous calls supported" counted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvisionbelgium

Reaction score
How is "Number of simultaneous calls supported" counted in a 3CX system ?

Is this the number of external simultaneous call or are internal calls also counted ?

A simultaneous call is a single call from "end-to-end" or a complete circuit. If a complete circuit hasn't been achieved yet it is still a call.

Some examples:

* A call from any extension, gateway line, voip line, DR, queue is a single call.
* An inbound call over PSTN or SIP is a call.
* Each inbound call waiting in the Queue is a call.
* One unusual circumstance is if a call comes into a DR and user presses an option and it is transferred: It becomes 2 calls until the call is tranferred and connected.
* One other circumstance is if a call goes across a 3CX bridge it will take a call on each 3CX server.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I wrote this article based on the customer question above.

Re: how is "Number of simultaneous calls supported" counted

Does this still apply? I remember that somewhere in a video tutorial is said that also the lookup for a agent (queue) is also a call. Does this mean that 3CX uses 3 call's to connect a caller to a agent? And when a caller is connected to a agent is there one call left?
sc1: caller in queue
sc2: agent connected to queue
sc3: queue polling

Re: how is "Number of simultaneous calls supported" counted

To make it very simple for you:

Any actual audio stream. Meaning the "line" between 2 extensions, extension to IVR/VM etc, outside caller to ANY of the intrnal functions (queue, hold, vm, conference, ring group) Outside caller to any extension etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.