• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Import phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipparus

Reaction score
I have just downloaded and installed the 3CXsoftphone. Is it possible to import a csv phone book somehow? My OS is windows 7

I have found the phone book file but it seems to be in three separate sections: person, number, photo

Thank you

Sorry there is no way to upload the CSV to the softphone. But you can upload the address book to the client. Go to My Phone > Phone Book. At this page you can upload the phone book. You can also dial from the client. Click the green phone button and then you can just search your address book. Hope this helps.

If there is no way to import phonebook data to the softphone client, Can the files from one client be copied to others? We have eleven clients and are using another IPPBX so we cannot upload the business phonebook. We would like to enter the information on one client then copy it to the others.

tleneskie said:
If there is no way to import phonebook data to the softphone client, Can the files from one client be copied to others? We have eleven clients and are using another IPPBX so we cannot upload the business phonebook. We would like to enter the information on one client then copy it to the others.

You can copy the files from one phone's phone book and then paste them into another's. We have a few workstations that work from the same phone book so here is what I did (I am running Windows XP).

1. Find the "Phone book" folder in: C:\Documents and Settings\joeuser\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone\. You will have to enable "hidden folders" to be able to see the Local Settings & Application Data folders.
2. Move the config files from the ..\Phonebook\Contacts\, ..\Phonebook\Phones\ and ..\Phonebook\Photos\ folders to the same directories on the other workstations.
3. Restart your 3CX Phone and it the new phonebook should be there.

I have seen instances where if you copy the entire Phonebook folder from one workstation and replace the entire folder on the new workstation by deleting the old one first, the contacts will show up as blank because 3CX phone will create a new Phonebook folder. It's better to just copy the files into the existing folder. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.