• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Issue: audio delivery. XP SP3. AMD 64 x2 4000**INVESTIGATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuartN

Reaction score
I just setup a 3cx v10 system on a dell dimension e521 (Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4000 (this is for test purposes only. I am planning to purchase 3cx and put it on a new dell server). I have 3 phones attached, a Grandstream Budgetone 200, a linksys pap2t with a cheap analog phone, and the 3cx softphone. The first two are not supported, but the 3cx softphone obviously is, and provisions automatically very nicely.

I can call between any of the phones and audio is fine. BUT if I set "PBX Delivers Audio" on any phone, I can no longer hear audio (ok, I hear some noise and sometimes, very delayed, a word of what I spoke) between that phone and any other extension. I've used Wireshark (on the pbx server) to trace, and there are rtp streams going between the pbx and the phones when "PBX Delivers Audio" is set. When it is not set, you don't see the rtp streams because they go directly between the phones. The same thing happens going from any phone to voicemail - if "PBX Delivers Audio" is on you can't hear audio; if it is off, works like a charm.

Any suggestions?

Stuart Naftel

Re: No Audio

What operating system are you using?

Re: No Audio

Can you send me a capture and logs A) with PBX delivers audio on B) without pbx delivers audio on.
Please do not post captures or logs here because they contain information about your pbx. Send them via email to :
[email protected]

Give me an explanation of the calls involved.

Re: No Audio**INVESTIGATION

Before you send me anything, is the 3CX Phone on the same machine as the 3CX Phone system server?
And yes what is the operating system?

I restarted the system (not just the services - I had done that many times before) this morning. Now everything is working fine.

And, the system is Windows XP SP3, and the 3cx softphone was NOT on the same machine as the pbx.

When this happens can you send me a generate support information and a wireshark capture of a call?

[email protected]

Also send me the link of this forum post

In general the system has been running fine, except that for no apparent reason, call quality all of a sudden degrades. I have noticed this after the system has sat unused for a while, like overnight. It also happens mid-afternoon. What is strange is that rebooting the pc 3cx is running on makes the problem go away. I've setup the pc so that it doesn't power itself down. I've made sure that the network connection doesn't power down. I have no reason to believe at this point that my network is heavily loaded.

Any ideas?

Hi Stuart,

first step:
specify "usepmtimer" as described in http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voice-quality-hyperv-vmware/

In 99% of cases it should solve the problem.

If it will not resolve the issue then:

please open 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file and remove semicolon at the front of the line
;msusetickcount=1
Save file and then restart "3CX Media server" service

If problem still persists then "wireshark capture" is required for investigation

Thanks

Re: Issue: audio delivery. XP SP3. AMD 64 x2 4000**INVESTIGA

Hi, I have similar problem on Win2008 x64 (VmWare). If substitute 3CX Phone to X-Lite , it works with "PBX deliver audio".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.