• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

MyPhone - Notify external program

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthzejdr

Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any other paramaters besides %callerid%?

I need to know what the user pressed in ivr before the call got to my extension. so i'd either need ivr pick variable, or set it to go from ivr to ringgroup and then get the ringgroup name or number. I don't need the original callerid so if callerid could change to ringgroup number that would also work

thanks

The best way (and it gives you caller id and which ring group) is to turn on "Add Queue, Group and DID names to Caller ID" and then select append or prepend.

This is In Settings > General > Global Options > System Wide Options

This doesn't work. while it shows queue in myphone, the external application is still forwarded only callerid number. I need to know what queue the client came from in my application, not in myphone.

My mistake, I misunderstood your question.

Are you using the Call Control API? There is documentation that comes with it to explain all the different classes, methods and properties. You will get it from there.

yeah, that's the way i'm doing it now. but catching calls on server and sending them to clients is quite a bit of work for something that sounded simple when i started it.

On reading this again - it sounds like you might need the VAD.

Contact your 3cx sales rep and either purchase it for your use or they will put you on to someone who could do it for you. But it is the application to do what you want to do, more than the call control api

i know, but since vad doesn't support this out of the box either(can't be done through its interface only), and i'd still need to program almost the same thing as with api, i'll use api and save some money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.