• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NEW 3CX VOICE PROMPTS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
Hi 3CX Community

We have finally uploaded new prompts. We have also fixed some of the prompts which had some audio files in English. To download do the following:

Click on Settings, Phone System Updates
Select the prompt you want irrespective of whether the status is "Up to date" or not. Force the download just the same.
Set as current prompt set. Dial 999 to hear initial prompts.

Brand new recorded prompts:

GERMAN
FRENCH
SWEDISH
DUTCH
JAPANESE

Updated prompts (replaced English audio files)
ITALIAN
DANISH
POLISH

We are still working on Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese.

Thanks and regards

Happy 3CX'ing.

Perfect !!!

Only another small bug. In fine OPTMNU.mp3 (menu 9 advanced option) there's not option nr. 3 in italian translation (in english is " to dial a number press 3"). You must translate it in "per comporre un numero premi 3". All other messages seems to be ok.

Thank You

Yes - we know about this - At least one of the main prompts is not in English but.

We are going to fix this soon. If you press 3 you will still get the other prompts however so you can tell your users that if they want, they can blindly press 3 and they will be able to make outgoing calls from voicemail menu.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you encounter any problems let me know. I will be monitoring this thread for updates with prompts.

Nice!

But I found 2 errors in the swedish prompts:

When you are trying to go to the voicemail it starts by saying: Tryck enter, personligt identifikationsnummer..... Press ENTER, personal identification number.... The word ENTER should not bee there.
I think that its from the english "Please enter.....".

When startin conferance it sais: Var god BEEP konferansid och tryck.... Please BEEP conference id and press.... Please remove the BEEP.

Otherwise it works real good and its a good voice. What voice is it?

Hi

I will check them and let you know. thanks for the updates.

I dont know what voice it is - but I can give you the company name who did them for us if you want. I will check and let you know.

Hey great to see the voice prompts but we need Turkish (TR) voice prompt for our 3CX... Any announce about this?

Hi,

There is another bug in the Swedish prompts: When you are about to record a voicemail it says

"Spela in ditt meddelande och tryck pundtecken eller start .... " (Original English message is "Record your message and press poundsign or star ..."

So the English "star" has been translated to "start" when it should have been "stjärna". ("start" in Swedish means the same thing as "start" in English which makes no sense on a phone keyboard)

Kind regards

Mats W

Hi,

The UK English prompts still seem to have at least 2 Standard english prompts

1. number (after pessing 9 and then 3 in the voicemail menu to dial a number

2. full options by pressing 9 (even though I've updated this on an older installer I'm still getting the old standard english prompts)

Jonathan Hamon

Go to system updates -

Redownload the UK english prompts again.

Prompt (9) should be UK style after this.

Hi,

I tried that but for some reason found even after restarting the PBX it still did not work. I've now solved this my manually copying the file from another 3CX PBX to this system.

The only minor issue now is the file 'number' is the standard english rather than the UK English so stands out from the rest of the prompts.

Are there any plans to replace this?

Jonathan Hamon

sipero123 said:
Hi,

I tried that but for some reason found even after restarting the PBX it still did not work. I've now solved this my manually copying the file from another 3CX PBX to this system.

Jonathan Hamon

Forgot to mention that when making Changes with Prompt Files it's always good to also restart IIS it's self because it Caches the Prompt Files, and that's probably the reason why the prompts didnt change.

I have just confirmed now - If you download the latest UK prompts and then you select them as current prompt set, the prompt set gets downloaded with Prompt 9 in UK english.

Maybe you have some cached prompt in the IVR - (Because it happens when we change a complete prompt),

So After you download it, make sure that you restart the IVR service and wait a bit untill it caches the new files. (open task manager and see CPU usage for IVR service). you will see it spiking up - at this time IVR is caching the prompts in Memory for quicker access. When CPU goes back to Zero, it means that everything is cached and IVR related components are registered.

Diall 999 and test the 9 option.

Also if you have one prompt which is in standard english (Number), Find a UK prompt message that has number inside it (Example: enter your personal identification number...then press pound), copy the file and cut the "NUMBER" part of the file with some audio formatting tool. Save it and replace it with the same file that has Number in Standard english.

Hi,

For anyone who is interested here is a replacement number.mp3 file for the UK English prompt set. This download link will only be available for a limited time. I tried to upload here but it gave me an error message that .mp3 files are not allowed.

Jonathan Hamon

http://www.dialnumbers.co.uk/number.mp3

Attachments

• number.mp3
    4.9 KB · Views: 3,852
I made a small exception for small sized prompts of mp3 or wav extensions, but keep them small please :!:
The Upload Limit for these files is 30kb so that VoiceMails / Recordings will not be allowed to upload. 8)

For any Larger amounts of Prompts you want to upload please use rapidshare or megaupload or other uploading hosts.

Hi,

when will we can download the spanish prompts ?

aesteve said:
Hi,

when will we can download the spanish prompts ?

They are already Available to download in the Updates Page in the PBX :p

Hi,

There is another bug in the Swedish prompts: When you are about to record a voicemail it says

"Spela in ditt meddelande och tryck pundtecken eller start .... " (Original English message is "Record your message and press poundsign or star ..."

So the English "star" has been translated to "start" when it should have been "stjärna". ("start" in Swedish means the same thing as "start" in English which makes no sense on a phone keyboard)

Hi -

Please download version 8, go to phonesystem updates and download the Swedish prompts again.

Set as default prompt set and try points 1 and 2 again - they should be fixed. Please confirm. If you see them as NEW please download them just the same.

We will re-record the issue in point 3.

Let us know if the updates work.

Hi!

We would like also to inform you that there are Arabic speakers of 3CX. However, there are no Arabic voice prompt available. Is there a way that we can make this happen? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francis
IT Officer
Retaj IT and Human Services
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

You can go ahead and download the spanish prompts for Version 8 - system updates.

SWEDISH BUG

Hi we have a recording made for the fix of the star. Will be available today or tomorrow. Check system updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.