• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Newbie to phones etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

spid3r1987

Reaction score
Hi there
im new to this phone system thing.
iv downloaded the free version of 3cx
it has installed fine, but im not sure how i would connect my phone system to my pc?
im a complete newbie to this so it would be great if somebody can let me know what i need :|
i was originally looking at a cisco small business unified comms 300 kit etc, but since this software is free and i only need to be able to make/receive 3 calls etc

is there an idiots guide to setting up a phone network?? :D

We have guides for most of the common phones available at http://www.888Voip.com

thanks kerry
the thing is, i have no idea how i would connect our landline to this system :S
would i just connect the rj11 plug into a pci card on a pc? :S

You would need either a Sangoma PCI card or a Patton 4114 Gateway.

rather use a voip gateway adapter with fxo port like cisco/linksys spa-3102; this is cheaper and is working fine

only special cards like sagnoma and berofix with FXO ports may accept your line into the RJ-11 plug

read the admin manual or try searching the internet for a book like 'The 3CX IP PBX Tutorial' - it can be very useful

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.