• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Provisioning BLF on Cisco SPAs*Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

eug

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,
How do I provision the BLFs for the Cisco SPA series of phones?
e.g. I've got an SPA509G, when I go to Extensions, 1xx, Phone Provisioning, and assign numbers with the BLF drop-down boxes, the BLF buttons on the phone don't change - they only display the phone's own extension.

Everything else provisions fine, except for the BLFs.

thanks!

Re: Provisioning BLF on Cisco SPAs

3CX automated provisioning of BLF only works for the sidecar with the Cisco phones.
You can manually set it for the line keys by looking at what 3CX puts in the config file for the sidecar and then using the same string in the line key settings.

In the 'Line Key' section, set:
Extension: Disabled
Share Call Appearance: shared
Short name: <ext#>
Extended Function: fnc=sd+blf+cp;[email protected];nme=1001

eug said:
Hi,
How do I provision the BLFs for the Cisco SPA series of phones?
e.g. I've got an SPA509G, when I go to Extensions, 1xx, Phone Provisioning, and assign numbers with the BLF drop-down boxes, the BLF buttons on the phone don't change - they only display the phone's own extension.

Everything else provisions fine, except for the BLFs.

thanks!

hmm, so close yet so far... seems like a pretty easy thing for 3cx to implement, since I'm sure more people have phones without sidecars compared to those who do. what else can those blf buttons be used for anyway...

thanks though, looks like I'll have to do it manually.

There are a few functions you can use for the line buttons, but I haven't gotten that far. The BLF works really well. It acts as a speed dial to the particular extension, shows if the line is ringing, in use, etc, and you can even intercept an incoming call. I hope they integrate this with the 3CX provisioning soon.

The other thing I'm waiting for is the phone directory integration.
It works with Aastra, but not with the Cisco as far as I know.

Ahh, I just configured all the phones manually and set them up for SLA too. It seems to work a treat, makes transferring calls a lot easier. Hopefully it all works properly in the morning!

Thanks!

Did you do something different when you say you set it up for SLA too?
I'd like to try that out. Thanks!

oh not really, I just used the shared parking entry in the drop-down box just to get the string, then manually configured the relevant blf buttons with the string.

Re: Cisco SPAs

Phone directory works with 3cx V9 on the SPA500 series phones not the older series phones and also not with v8. 3CX v9 (including all betas) creates the proper XML formatted phone directory that the SPA500 series phones use.

activeserve said:
The other thing I'm waiting for is the phone directory integration.
It works with Aastra, but not with the Cisco as far as I know.

Lifeline: That's great news! Will have to test that out! :)

lifeline,

Call directory works now, but I've noticed a message below that says "Requesting..." and it never seems to go away. Have you noticed the same issue?

lifeline said:
Phone directory works with 3cx V9 on the SPA500 series phones not the older series phones and also not with v8. 3CX v9 (including all betas) creates the proper XML formatted phone directory that the SPA500 series phones use.

I don't recall that on my SPA525G but it is currently unplugged. Which SPA500 series are you using? Did you set it up with 3cx provisioning or manually? Mine was setup with 3CX provisioning.

Let me know if you experience it with the SPA525G and with 3cx provisioning and I will be happy to plug my phone back in and test it for you.

activeserve said:
Call directory works now, but I've noticed a message below that says "Requesting..." and it never seems to go away. Have you noticed the same issue?

Using an SPA504G and it is provisioned with 3CX... Waiting on an SPA525G to test.
The feature seems to work fine, but all the phones continue to say the message "Requesting..." below the menu.

I tried this on a SPA525G and can't get it to work... any ideas?

What trouble are you having with the SPA525G?
It works fine for us... even the 3CX Call Directory.

Thanks.

I am trying to set up BLF on a SPA941 but don't have the 'Extended Function:' field. I have the latest firmware (5.1.8). Any suggestions?

Re: Provisioning BLF on Cisco SPAs [Solution]

Hi,

In order to provision the BLF without sidecar on SPA50X, you can modify cisco.ph template (create new template is better !) :

REMOVE THIS PART:

{IF blf2}
<Unit_1_Key_2 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1">%%value%%sub=%%blf2%%@%%pbx_ip%%;nme=%%blf2%%</Unit_1_Key_2>
{ELSE}
<Unit_1_Key_2 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1" />
{ENDIF}

AND REPLACE WITH :

{IF blf2}
<Extension_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">Disabled</Extension_2_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">shared</Share_Call_Appearance_2_>
<Extended_Function_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">%%value%%sub=%%blf2%%@%%pbx_ip%%;nme=%%blf2%%</Extended_Function_2_>
<Short_Name_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">%%blf2%%</Short_Name_2_>
{ELSE}
<Extension_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2" />
<Share_Call_Appearance_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2" />
<Extended_Function_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2" />
<Short_Name_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2" />
{ENDIF}

REPEATE the same for blf3 to blfX (X is same as in SPA50X !)

I not include blf1, because you need at least one line to send and receive call ! but I you want you can do it...

Others parameters not in the XML template ? not a problem, get the config of your SPA in XML format :
http://<spa50X ip address>/admin/spacfg.xml

I tried something like {IF blf1 AND NOT sidecar} but syntax is not correct.
Someone know 3CX directives we can use in files.ph ?

regards,
Yannick

Good evening all,

I have set up my SPA504g exactly as shown in this thread. The line button is orange and does not change color to indicate the other extensions are using the phone or not. Am I doing something wrong here? The line key does dial the extension it is supposed to when you press it, I am just not getting any busy lamps. Any ideas?

My setup is as follows:

3CX Free Ver 9, Service pack 5, 5 Cisco SPA504g's (4 of which are in the same office as the PBX, 1 is a remote extension at my home).

Thank you in advance!!

Nick

Hi Nick,

I have had the same issue on a 508G
I simply reset to factory default and provision it again. And BLF works !

YL

I was looking through the documentation and it looks as though BLF's are only available in the paid versions correct? I have tried to reprovision the phone with no luck.

I have a paid version, so I can't tell you.
But, did you reset to factory default before reprovisioning it ? it's important to erase all eventual misconfiguration not changed by the provisioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.