• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

two TAPI services listed under phone and modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

t4mack

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the difference between the two TAPI services that show up under my phone and modem. One is 3cx TAPI Service Provider (which everyone else in the office has), and the other is 3CXPSTAPI_x64.tsp. I am currently the only one who's TAPI service is not working. I think it may be using the wrong one.

Hi,
Make sure that you are Admin + open command prompt with run as administrator option.

Enter the following in cmd - (to unregister the old Tapi from the system)
cd\
C:\Windows\System32>regsvr32 /u 3CXPSTAPI_x64.tsp

Then if you want you can go to Windows > System 32 and delete that file.
>>>>C:\Windows\System32\3CXPSTAPI_x64.tsp

Note: You need to unregister before removing the file.

Sorry that didn't work. The files aren't in that location. This is a 64 bit OS maybe it stored them somewhere else.

I've fixed the issue. I uninstalled the Assistant and rebooted. That removed all the TAPI services. I think the Assistant isn't fully compatible with windows 7. It works on some of the users PC at my job and on some others it doesn't. The other users' don't have anything extra installed. They all were imaged from one PC. Is there anyone that can confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.