• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WebRTC?? Click to call gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadwings

Customer
Reaction score
Where is the WebRTC section of the management console? Does v15 have WebRTC?

Re: WebRTC??

settings -> conferencing has some basic info.
The extension weblink is under the extension.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 12.01.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 12.01.43 PM.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,096

That is webmeeting. Not the old webrtc that worked with the extension.

Ah - you are referring to the Click to Call functionality.

Yes, click to call was awesome. Please don't take that away. We really liked the fact that the URL for click to call was branded to our top level domain and that it rang to the extension.

Agreed, cannot believe this has gone in v15. Please restore this functionality.

Reactions: roadwings
If, restore the function, it is very important for many users

Hi everyone,

Click to call has been removed in V15.
It will however be back better and improved in the form of WebMeeting in the time to come.

I know this is just part of the food chain in programming. ie: Apple is getting rid of PPTP support in iOS 10 and macOS X... but it makes it tough for us admins to upgrade and get to use the new features when other features we rely upon are removed. 8|

I don't want or need web meeting, just want the ability restored where an overseas customer could call us using their web browser, the call enters our phone system and could be transferred about to different extensions and even to a cell/mobile out on the road.

3CX made such a big thing of WebRTC when added in V12 (or was is 12.5) why go and remove it. Really annoyed by this.

By all means enhance web meeting, but please add this back in as before. Surely it can't be that difficult to do.

If the function call from the browser is very important for our customers who want to place a call button on their web pages and refer calls seamlessly to any phone in any country Oficin or everything . Integrate that function again

LeonidasG said:
Hi everyone,

Click to call has been removed in V15.
It will however be back better and improved in the form of WebMeeting in the time to come.

We have played with webmeeting and are not thrilled. It is a neat feature, but not the same as click-to-call and very buggy. In fact I have not been able to use the http: //mybusiness.3cx.net/join/whatver url. I get the error message "Cannot reach PBX. Check that HTTP Ports are opened correctly." We do pass the firewall checker. Please keep webmeeting and click to call separate.

I can't keep upgrading and justify paying for 'maintenance' if the feature set keeps changing every iteration. People build processes and workflows based on the tools at hand. Remove the tool and customers freak out. Please bring this feature back just as it was before. Maybe just for Pro licenses or at least a paid license, if it's about money.

argenvoip said:
If the function call from the browser is very important for our customers who want to place a call button on their web pages and refer calls seamlessly to any phone in any country Oficin or everything . Integrate that function again

As said in my previous post, our main efforts and focus are to support / bring that feature back but in WebMeeting over the next couple of versions of WebMeeting.

We have played with webmeeting and are not thrilled. It is a neat feature, but not the same as click-to-call and very buggy. In fact I have not been able to use the http: //mybusiness.3cx.net/join/whatver url. I get the error message "Cannot reach PBX. Check that HTTP Ports are opened correctly." We do pass the firewall checker. Please keep webmeeting and click to call separate.

I can't keep upgrading and justify paying for 'maintenance' if the feature set keeps changing every iteration. People build processes and workflows based on the tools at hand. Remove the tool and customers freak out. Please bring this feature back just as it was before. Maybe just for Pro licenses or at least a paid license, if it's about money.

These features do work. The pre-condition is that you have your 5000 and 5001 ports opened to the outside. Nothing more.
If you have any kind of bugs to report, please do.

Same here, We talked about Click-to-Call a lot because it was so promoted by 3CX in ver 12.5 and 14 and then discontinued and removed without any notice to the channel?

3CX has some world class people in it and some great teams including the sales team, marketing team, community team, developers, executive....

- but please fire and replace your product management people. Its a couple releases now that tarnish the awesomeness of the rest of the company.

I just don't understand how 3CX can just remove this feature without warning! I mean, our customers are using it on their website for their clients to reach them. Then after upgrading to v15, it is not available. How do you explain this to your customers?!

AlexanderHanna said:
I just don't understand how 3CX can just remove this feature without warning! I mean, our customers are using it on their website for their clients to reach them. Then after upgrading to v15, it is not available. How do you explain this to your customers?!
All you can do is hang your head in shame and roll them back unfortunately. ... And eat all the labour charges.

LeonidasG, it would be nice if there was a less public place to have this discussion.

Click2Call was never to be permanently removed. Click2Call will be back in the near future of V15.
This thread is being locked. Feel free to start a new and more constructive thread in regards to Click2Call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.