• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

2nd call not picking up/calls out with wrong CID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that you keep talking like I am doing something wrong? If you read all of the post you will see that I can set up this unit the way Grand Stream Support said to and it does work but the only way is putting 991,992,993 in the prepend box in the rule. If I hade more routs I could keep going (994,995,996,997,998). This way it works and if I call out line 1 the phone I call gets line 1 CID. As anyone could see doing this will only work for 3 lines not all 8.

What the trouble is that if I do not put the 99X #s in then the call goes out ch2 in the gateway but my 3CX trunk status shows in going out ch1. This is where the CID comes in I call out line 1 but the phone I call shows line2 CID. If I hang up (NO CALL ACTIVE) and call back with the CID that was passed to the receiving phone it comes in on line 2. Are you sure yours is not doing the something and just rolling over to the next line when you are calling into the other line?

Let me add this as well this is a post on this same borad. Take a look at it.

Re: Outgoing Calls from GXW4104
by sigma1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:49 pm

The issue is due to their (Grandstream) built-in round robin load balancing idea (BAD). They are aware of it and they (we) are working on it with them before our exchange pile becomes higher than our building.Charles Ambrosecchia
CEO - SigmaVoIP/Sigma Networks
3CX Certified Professional
http://www.sigmavoip.com

I think that what is causing issues here is your concern about what caller ID is being sent out, and how to work around that. If you had a hunt group, consisting of , say, four lines, where they all send the same number, then you could let the gateway decide which line the call goes out on. You create one trunk group, in 3CX, that happens to have X members. The gateway handles which one is busy, which one is free. Of course this sort of scenario requires that you purchase this service from the PSTN phone company, and not use a number of individual lines, each sending it's own phone number to the called party.

You just don’t get it. What is going on is 3CX show a call going out ch1 but the gateway is using ch2. This is the only explanation because when that 1st call in on hold I can not call in to my system either line 1 or 2. Then hang up that 1st call. Then call back using that CID that was passed and it comes in on ch2. Like you said before the provider sets the CID so I am not setting it. It has to be going out ch2. The reason the system does not ring internal is becomes the gateway pickups up on ch1 the only channel that is open but as I said before 3cx shows an active call on ch1.

I'm wondering if the Grandstream has a syslog server built in that can send log messages to a PC (Kiwi syslog has a demo you can run). The Linksys/Cisco devices have this, and it allows you to know exactly what the device is doing and why. There has to be a reason that it is choosing to not send the call out on the first line. Most gateways will not use a line if there is no, or low (line in use elsewhere), voltage. That threshold (line in use) voltage can many times be changed to accommodate phone lines with different (lower) voltages, like those coming from a PBX (24 VDC)

That is an interesting point about voltage but I think I did a line swap in the beginning while I 1st started seeing this behavior. I have kiwi syslog setup and I just checked on advanced setting close to the bottom there is a syslog path box and a logging level. I believe I will capture some for us to look at.

Thanks for the suggestion

When I was writing that last post I for a second thought how to look at the gateway logs to try and proof what I was saying but did not think that it had a log. I a few hours I will set that up and post.

This is log from 3CX in each call 176-177 the call showed as going out on ch1 in 3CX.

just the reciving phone showed ch2 CID on call 176 and ch1 CID on 177

17:17:06.361 [CM503008]: Call(177): Call is terminated
17:16:49.815 [CM503007]: Call(177): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp
17:16:49.815 [CM503007]: Call(177): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:4488;rinstance=3bd6fed23a0e6d93
17:16:49.799 [CM505002]: Gateway:[PSTNGateway01] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Grandstream GXW4108 (HW 2.0, Ch:8) 1.3.4.10] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
17:16:49.799 [CM503002]: Call(177): Alerting sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp
17:16:45.987 [CM503025]: Call(177): Calling PSTNline:991413xxxx@(Ln.10010@PSTNGateway01)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp]
17:16:45.940 [CM503004]: Call(177): Route 2: PSTNline:992413xxxx@(Ln.10010@PSTNGateway01)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5062;transport=udp]
17:16:45.940 [CM503004]: Call(177): Route 1: PSTNline:991413xxxx@(Ln.10010@PSTNGateway01)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5062;transport=udp]
17:16:45.940 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]:5060>
17:16:45.924 [CM505001]: Ext.400: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CXPhone 6.0.20943.0] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
17:16:45.924 [CM503001]: Call(177): Incoming call from Ext.400 to <sip:[email protected]:5060>
17:06:34.347 [CM503008]: Call(176): Call is terminated
17:06:19.347 [CM503007]: Call(176): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp
17:06:19.347 [CM503007]: Call(176): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:4488;rinstance=3bd6fed23a0e6d93
17:06:19.332 [CM505002]: Gateway:[PSTNGateway01] Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [Grandstream GXW4108 (HW 2.0, Ch:8) 1.3.4.10] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
17:06:19.332 [CM503002]: Call(176): Alerting sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp
17:06:15.691 [CM503025]: Call(176): Calling PSTNline:413xxxx@(Ln.10010@PSTNGateway01)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp]
17:06:15.660 [CM503004]: Call(176): Route 2: PSTNline:413xxxx@(Ln.10010@PSTNGateway01)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5062;transport=udp]
17:06:15.660 [CM503004]: Call(176): Route 1: PSTNline:413xxxx@(Ln.10010@PSTNGateway01)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp,Dev:sip:[email protected]:5062;transport=udp]
17:06:15.660 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]:5060>
17:06:15.660 [CM505001]: Ext.400: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CXPhone 6.0.20943.0] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
17:06:15.644 [CM503001]: Call(176): Incoming call from Ext.400 to <sip:[email protected]:5060>

Attachments

• SYSLOG-GXW4108.txt
    84.3 KB · Views: 24
Rlester. Sorry, but I never suggested you set anything up incorrectly. I mereley indicated my set-up. You stated-
"Let me ask is it not reasonable to want to pickup the phone and have 8 lines available and let the system just find the next available line for me to dial my number as XXX-XXXX. This hunt group that you’re talking about is exactly what we have 8 lines, and from the outside world they just roll over to the next available when a call comes in to a number that is in uses. All I want is to do the same thing from inside when I dial a number just find me a line out of the 8 that is not in uses."

I think this is pretty much what I have demonstrated (albeit it with two lines for the moment). Why it may go to line 2 rather than line 1 did not seem to be the issue ("just find me a line out of the 8 that is not in uses") nor did you care about CID in the above statement. While CID was stated to be an issue in the subject, I stated from the beginning that there were too many issues to deal with all at once so let's start with the basics. I still maintain, that even if the device did call out on line 1 when available, that the second call would find its way to another line which presumably has a different CID anyway.

When I make a single call out, 3CX for whatever reason, always directs the call to the 2nd port (10001 in my case) of the gateway which is also my second line. When I make the second call, it apparently recognizes that 10001 is in use and then directs to 10000 (the first port and first line). However it does it, I can receive and make calls using both lines simultaneously and in whatever fashion I choose - 2 in, 2 out, 1 in and 1 out. CID is another issue, as I have indicated, as it is by my carrier and not 3CX.

Leejor may have a point about line voltage but you might just as easily switch the analog lines on the device. If 3CX suddenly starts to dial out port 1, then there may be substance to the idea (how 3CX would know this I have no idea). If not, and it still goes to port 2, then either both lines suffer from the anomoly or simply 3CX starts with port 2 (in this case).

I am just trying to keep inbound, outbound and CID issues separate so I can get over at least one issue and move on to the next.

By the way I did not see that leejor (sorry 4 not knowing) made the last post. I just getting so troubled with this and I am one to try it all before (most times) before trying to get help. I really feel something else besides setup is not working.

Point taken. The voltage suggestion is just that a suggestion (I did do line swaps) this is just about getting it to work Please be objective. I did say in the other post that I did a line switch but, even more I did swop out 2 different lines. (If you think I have put out a lot of detail in this post you have no idea what I have tried to make this work o my own before starting this) I did not know but when at some point some one had asked it the lines were the same model. I do not know what this could mean but I did find out that the lines run in did come in to us at 3 different times. Really do not know witch is witch. I thought that the line test would take care of any differences in the lines (Voltage, polarity & what have you) but most sure I’m no expert.

Do you think that something could be wrong now looking at the log files?

If you want, I will give this one more shot, but I want to be very clear about some things - I am here trying to help, your rants about how we do not understand is only because you don't allow us (me) to. You shift from issue to issue and make it increasingly difficult to grasp what the issue is. One the one hand, you raise caller-id issues, then you talk about how you can make a call out, but when dialing in, the caller phone rings and the GXW never picks up and passes to 3CX. When I suggest something such as setting the calls to 2 per line, instead of trying it you suggest something close to insanity as it should be clear that a line can support only 1 call. While I agree that logic does dictate that this does seem apparent, mine is set to two and I can make and receive calls (with the proper carrier assigned caller-id) as I please. I am of the opinion, and I could be wrong, that there is a fundamental difference in how the setup between us is being done. When I make a call, I make no selection and have no prefix. My outbound rule simply directs the number being dialed to the gateway. When it does this, it always directs the initial call to port 2 (in my case 10001). I will goi back and set it to 1 and test again, but if memory serves, I had a problem in that when a call was made outbound, a caller coming inbound at the same time was not able to get through or got a message of some sort. This may be similar to your latest post.

While I respect that perhaps there may be more than one issue, I can only attack one at a time and I want to make some headway rather than being pulled in multiple directions at the same time. I have installs and other customers to deal with as well, but do want to see if I can help. I will look at the dump log files from the GXW, but before I do, I want to know what outbound rules there are and if you have at least tried the 2 calls setting for each line and restarted the system. I am somewhat limited as I do not use PSTN lines at the house or office and am using a client's system after hours (with his permission of course) to try and help. I posted my setup and you indicated that yours were the same; yet when I make a call, I never go to the first port off the bat as you do. I am of the opinion that 3CX is solely monitoring this and making the determination as to which port to use.

OK, I went and changed the number of simultaneous calls on each port (10000 & 10001) back to one and restarted the system. When I make an outbound call, 3CX now directs the call to port 1. However, when I make an inbound call while the original outbound call on port 1 is still in progress, I get a constant busy if I call in on port one, expecting the carrier to rollover; and if I dial the line associated to port 2, it does pass through to 3CX, but I get the "call not allowed by administrator" message. This is pretty much what I recalled from a number of months ago, and the documentation is really not detailed as to what the expectations are, so I elected to change all to 2 and it works. I have always indicated the port 2 issue and I took your request about being able to make a call without having to select lines/ports to heart. My caller-id also represents the line out so I have no issue there, but I have repeatedly indicated that this is set at the carrier level, Is yours as well? So there you have it at the moment. While it seemingly does not follow the logic of what one would expect, I have neither the control of how 3CX decides which port or how Grandstream elects to take the 3CX interface unless I want to prefix, which I do not have a need to. I only know that this is what I did to solve a customers complaint. I merely assumed that I had nothing to lose by trying 2 as perhaps the documentation was wrong or maybe I misinterpreted its meaning; bottom line is that it works given the posting and all I have provided.

I have the solution!! RMA Number.

By the way I did do the setting the call up to 2 on each line. I thiought I posted. Thanks you you help and time.

Did that do the trick for you? Unfortunately, I do not have any customers with a configuration of over 2 PSTN lines. When I get above this we go internet. I have no idea if the 2 setting wiil continue to work as you move to 3, 4 -8 lines. I also don't know that setting port 1 with 1 and port 2 with 2 won't work either. I only set it to 2 across the board as I felt I had nothing to lose and knowing that a PSTN linel could only handle one call at a time anyway it really didn't seem like the impact on 3CX would amount to much. Please let me know if the setting did work for you and if so, then I will submit a case to 3CX to get their input as to the point of the setting and I can share our similar experience to make the point. I also ask that as you add lines, and assuming that the 2 did resolve the initial problem, that you let us know if the 2 setting worked for all ports or if you had to adjust as the number as the ports grew or if you had to put a number representing the sequence. Thanks and good luck.

I was been funny (Trying anyway) as at this point that is all I can do, make jokes. I did try your setting of 2 calls per line a while back but it did not work for me (possible I did not restart the system I have done so much with it lately can’t recall) I may before I send this unit back (RMA Number) I may check it again and restart the system. The unit seemed to have a heat problem as well I had a fan set to blow on it. I am not saying this is junk but very temperamental as I have said before I had reset the unit many times and started configuring fresh, each time it seemed to get closer to how it should work but in the end maybe a pair of Patton 4114’s will work for me. Thanks for you help and your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.