3CX Android - Exit without Push option vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtrevor

Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
70
Reaction score
9
3CX android version 15.5.345.633 running on Samsung Galaxy 8

The menu options to "Exit" and to "Exit without push" is no longer in the menu.

These were essential as they gave the option to exit but leave the application running to receive calls, or to exit and not be disturbed by any calls/notifications.

Is there a new way to do this that I have missed, or has the functionality been removed?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Robert Elcombe
As the beta won't reflect the final release, the "Exit without PUSH" will likely make it back in for the final release.
 
Thank you, I must admit I had forgotten I was signed up to beta releases!
 
I personally like the look of the beta and would rather have the chat easily accessible and have exit without push be in the settings. imo
 
Agreed here, didn't realize that I was on the beta app on Android. I don't mind the location of the menu moving, the app looks great. Having a way to exit and ignore push is important to me and other users though.

Thanks
 
I'm also on beta and need it back as it was. Or maybe put an option into the menu, where the default behavior can be set.
Also, we don't need the chat function at all. Usually we use phones to make and receiver calls... crazy, right? ;)
 
we don't need the chat function at all. Usually we use phones to make and receiver calls... crazy, right? ;)
Lev, chat functionality can be disabled from Management Console/Settings/PBX.
 
can't find it... but maybe thats because i'm still on SP2 (can't upgrade, since SP3 always scuttles my PBX)
 
Exit without PUSH may or may not to make it in the final release of the 3CX Client. A better and more easier to use solution for "Exit without PUSH" is something we're considering to add a bit later on.
 
Thanks for the Info. But i admit to re-think this roadmap, since it creates a gap (and maybe some angry customers)
Nobody would sell an old car weeks or months before getting the new one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chad Adamson
Please don't remove the "exit without push" feature from the release. Our users are normally desk based and so only load up the app for ad-hoc use out of the office, they need to be able to then exit the app and no longer have the phone ringing while they are outside of work hours. There needs to be a method to do this, whether in the menu or another way.

If this feature is removed we will have to start showing users how to go into settings and force kill the app to stop it. For non-tech savvy users they will find this difficult and it will waste a lot of time helping them. It will cause a lot of bad feeling that their phones are ringing with work calls when they are outside their work hours with no way of exiting the app to stop it.
 
Just discovered this today after my Samsung S9 updated this Am.
Can't even comprehend why you would consider removing this option.
At the very least this should be an option setting where it could be enabled or disabled as required by the customer. I get it at one level - but really stupid to not let us control this.
cjtrevor is correct - I will be embarrassed to show a customer what they have to do when they don't want the 3cx phone to ring when they are home/at 2 Am and so forth.
A phone reboot doesn't even make it go away!
I don't think most users use this application like you think they do.
Love the app and functionality - but not every one wants or needs their business phone strapped to the hip 24x7.
 
The 3CX android app on our Galaxy Note 9 phones automatically updated from the google play store and now we cannot exit out of the app as needed. The only solution is to uninstall the app and then reinstall every time we need to use it. It's hard to believe a company of your size would overlook such a critical function!
 
I was going to just disable the account as I thought you could do that before - but maybe confusing with Windows version. I suppose I can just change the SIP port to break it.
Faster than un-install - and would work across a reboot.
Should I show my clients how to do that?
 
  • Like
Reactions: tech10
I was going to just disable the account as I thought you could do that before - but maybe confusing with Windows version. I suppose I can just change the SIP port to break it.
Faster than un-install - and would work across a reboot.
Should I show my clients how to do that?
Well that doesn't stop the Push - so phone rings - but of course wouldn't be able to talk...
 
  • Like
Reactions: tech10
A band-aid work around is you can "force kill" the app on Android phone and it will keep it from ringing until you reboot the phone or restart the app.

I wish I understood the logic in removing this function without having a replacement for it ready to go.....
 
Please, please bring back "Exit- ignore push" or a replacement ASAP.
 
You could always disable Push to smartphones within phone provisioning tab/ 3CX client....kinda defeats the purpose of the app but we do this for some users with iPhones....and now Androids.
 
  • Like
Reactions: princer800
I don't see what the fuss is about. I tap on my account at the upper left of screen, then long press the account description. On the menu that pops up, I tap "Deactivate". Works for me -- 3CX no longer rings. To go back online, I tap "Activate". What am I missing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,969
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon