• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported 3CX system with Cisco phone CP8831

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel_nt

Free User
Joined
Jan 18, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi 3CX community.
I have an issue with 3CX product:
I want to connect a Cisco phone CP8831 to 3CX

I need to make a connection between a 3CX server and 2 devices:
The CP8831 and a reference phone.

Also, I want to manage the calls into the system and the network connection to the phone, for that I need console access to manage my task.
Actually I need a 3CX server.
If this is possible, manipulate absolutely everything 3CX system from the console.

Any comment or suggestion about this issue?
Previously, I´ve read about non connection between 3CX and CP 8831 device.
Where can I find a config file to do that task?

Thanks for your attention.
 
Hi Axel,

Unfortunately this is not a supported model so we cannot advise you how to achieve this or whether it is possible or not.
 
Hi Axel,

Unfortunately this is not a supported model so we cannot advise you how to achieve this or whether it is possible or not.
Hi JohnS!
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, I´d already read about that non compatibility between 3CX and CP8831.
But, also I´d read about it´s possible to config some file to do the connection (limited in function terms, but successful).
Just need to manage calls from console.
Another idea (system) to manage my task?
I should mention:
Cisco Call Manager didn´t work with my unit and my company requested this task with 3CX, but maybe exists another PBX server for that issue.
Thanks :)
 
Hi Axel,

It may be possible to register the device with 3CX, but this does not necessarily mean that you can manage calls from your console.

By managing calls, I mean the ability to remotely make & answer calls, use hold, transfer, conference and mute features.

I am also not aware of any supported conference phone that can do this either.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us