Solved About the '3CX Calling Policy' Settings in MS Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDenizIrde

Customer
Basic Certified
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Hello,

I recently tried to implement Microsoft Teams Integration within 3CX. Everything was setup as officially documented.
But, I couldn't establish a successful call in Teams in both ways.Teams client can receive every attempt as a 'missed call' when I tried to call a Teams user. Simply it does not bell. On the other hand, if same user tries to call any destination from Teams, the user will be denied promptly with the message 'Call not allowed due to your organization's settings, please contact with your IT administrator'.

I figured that(took several days) the problem was the 'Prevent toll bypass and send calls through the PSTN' setting in the 3CX Calling Policy which is enabled by default. Once I disabled it, the integration started to work flawlessly.

Is this a normal behaviour or do I missed something in my 3CX configuration that may interfere with this setting?

IDK, if it is important or not, this is a on-prem v18u3 #461 3CX instance in an ESXi environment, located in Turkey and has a SIP Trunk(3C1B-TR) implemented.

Thank You,
Deniz
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Hi Deniz,

This is good to know, thank you for sharing this.

I just retested this though and it seems that the default value for the "Prevent toll bypass and send calls through the PSTN" option when creating a Calling Policy as it is in our PS1 script is "False".

I tested this by running the commands manually:
1650024530759.png

Regardless though, I am glad to figured it out and I will keep an eye out for it.

I will mark this thread as 'Solved' as the problem and solution has been given.
 
Hi Nick,

A very good and simple point. Never checked the PS1 script. I couldn't see any command about this setting in the generated script and I just recreated the SBC and realised that setting is inherited from the Global Calling Policy.

You know the best of course but may be adding several lines of command to the ps1 will be a more complete solution with those amateurs like me lol.

Thank You very much.
Cheers!
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.