Solved Annoying Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnflt

Free User
Joined
Jun 25, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
So we have had the live chat working very nicely for a while. Ever since the last update on WordPress, I get a dinging notification every single time I am on a webpage on my website. I've turned off the "Play Sound on New Message" and I still get the annoying notification ding.

I'm using Google Chrome. Any thoughts?
 
Hi @cdnflt,

Is the dinging sound coming via the visitors window or the PBX?
 
Absolutely it. Except downgrading hasn't helped the situation.
 
Yes seriously.. this is bad! every single page visitors are getting this big ding... its very annoying and going to steer people away.. it was working fine when I installed it just recently now this... is this going to get fixed quickly? Its almost unusable like this.
 
We are looking into this and will try and keep you updated on the progress.
 
confirmed. That ding sound is pretty annoying. Appears when there is no active agent available.

Any ETA for the update?
 
confirmed. That ding sound is pretty annoying. Appears when there is no active agent available.

Any ETA for the update?
Not yet, but we are working on it.
We will let you know once there is an update.
 
  • Like
Reactions: weimerd
Please fix this. Its a pain in the neck currently for all of our visitors.
 
Same here, I really want to disable the incoming message tone. Thanks.
 
We had to remove it. It was too much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: weimerd
We had to remove it. It was too much.
Seems that removing 3cx web integration is the only "workaround" for now.
We got bad replies from website visitors as the ding notification sound appears on each and every website. One click - one ding.
Can't really understand why it would take more than a month now to investigate and finally solve this really annoying issue.
Don't want to blame devs here. Maybe feel yourself encouraged to quickly solve this bug before clients will search for alternatives.
 
Just an update, we released v9.4.1 of the WP plugin that should address this issue.
 
Just an update, we released v9.4.1 of the WP plugin that should address this issue.
nice! gonna update shortly and will keep you updated if the issue has been solved.
 
What about non wordpress sites?
 
What about non wordpress sites?
That should be OK too.
Just run through the code generator again and if you are using the CDN option, you should be good.
If you have manually downloaded the callus.js file, re-download it and replace the old one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Ok I will give it a try later on, thank you!
 
Can confirm that its working fine now. much appreciated!
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us