• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

BLF buttons randomly Grey Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Neils

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Sep 18, 2018
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Hello everyone, I have an issue with one users phone where her BLF buttons will randomly grey out on the screen, but will still work, and the only way to get them back is to reprovision the phone. Its a T54W running 96.85.0.5. Anyone else experience this?
 
Hi Chris,

Please provide some additional information such as:

- PBX Version
- Provisioning method (LAN/SBC/STUN?)
- Where is the phone located in relation to the PBX network-wise
- Are you using custom templates
 
PBX - 16.0.8.9
Provisioning - SBC
3CX is in cloud, AWS
No custom templates
 
Thanks Chris, I will leave one running for a while and see if it behaves the same.

Note whether other phones behind this SBC of the same or different model (which also have BLFs assigned) also do the same or if it is just the one mentioned.

If the BLFs are unregistering we would expect the green light to also go out.
 
All the phones are of the same model. None others are being effected that I know of. They have not mentioned that their phones are getting unregistered and I am not on site full time. I will have them let me know if it happens though.
 
Sure thing. Just to eliminate that one phone or extension being the problem, I would propose the following:

- Factory Reset before reprovisioning next time (if you haven't already done so)

- Replace the problematic phone with that of another employee, and give that employee the "problematic" phone

- See if the problem migrated to the new extension now, or if it remains on the same extension even though it now has an entirely different device running


This should narrow things down a bit
 
Will try this out and let you know the results. Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Alright, mine has been running for 24 hours, no issues here.

Let us know how it goes for yours Chris
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us