• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Bulk Import with customized phone templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattler555

Silver Partner
Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Messages
48
Reaction score
10
Hello All. I'm trying to be able to import a bunch of phones/users via CSV and everything seems to import fine. The issue I run into, is that the PnP provisioning does not seem to link up, except if you manually assign the extension while the phone is in a new state.

Is this a true limitation, or is there a way to have a true PNP assuming the configurations are in place? - Configurations= export a know working config, re-importing with the new extension and MAC.

Also, I do not see a way to bulk import SMS routes. Am I missing something?

Appreciate any guidance.

Cheers!
 
Hi @rattler555

The way PnP works does not allow that but you do have options. Once you import your CSV, assuming everything is in order, you now want the phone to automatically provision itself at startup. This part can be achieved via DHCP option 66. This article is a bit old but you can get the gist of if from here:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

As for SMS routes, I'm afraid there is no bulk import. They do get stored in backups so that could be a possible way importing them when building a fresh PBX. You might also find this helpful for building new PBXs.
 
Hi @rattler555

The way PnP works does not allow that but you do have options. Once you import your CSV, assuming everything is in order, you now want the phone to automatically provision itself at startup. This part can be achieved via DHCP option 66. This article is a bit old but you can get the gist of if from here:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

As for SMS routes, I'm afraid there is no bulk import. They do get stored in backups so that could be a possible way importing them when building a fresh PBX. You might also find this helpful for building new PBXs.
Option 66 worked out perfectly. Thank you
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us