• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Call transfer GXP 2160/2170

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowak68

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Messages
43
Reaction score
4
Hi all,
I have a weird problem, a couple of customers who are using Grandstream phones are complaining that after the applyling the latest updates on 3CX PBX and SBC , call tranfer is broken when they use the MPK buttons . The normal behavior was: incoming call ,extension 1 picks up, talking to caller , transfer with MPK button to extension 2 and hang up immediately.
When they do that now, the call is gone or rings only once and is gone.(i get an 480 sip temporarily unavailable in the logfile from the phone) When they forward to the second extension typing the extension number it works . Or when they use the MPK button and wait , until the second extension picks up ... I can`t see anything on the PBX so I assume that it is a problem on the SBC , but I can`t figure out why .. Some ideas ?
3CX version 16.0.8.9
SBC 16.2.24
Phone firmware 1.0.11.16

Regards,
Harry
 
Could you confirm the following:

• Have you used the 3CX default template to provision the device?
• Have you configured the BLF key via the 3CX Management Console?
• What is the "Transfer method" set under Extensions >> Phone provisioning tab for these devices?
• For one device, try the following, factory reset the device, re-provision it as per our guide using the default 3CX template, configure a BLF via the Management Console for that device, and then attempt to transfer a call using that BLF key. Do you still get the issue?
 
Have you used the 3CX default template to provision the device? Yes I did
Have you configured the BLF key via the 3CX Management Console? Yes I did
What is the "Transfer method" set under Extensions >> Phone provisioning tab for these devices? Blind Transfer
For one device, try the following, factory reset the device, re-provision it as per our guide using the default 3CX template, configure a BLF via the Management Console for that device, and then attempt to transfer a call using that BLF key. Do you still get the issue ? Yes I did a reset on several phones , but no luck.
 
Hi,
I changed the option 1376 in the phone template from 1 to 0 (Attended Transfer Mode static) and that seems to do the trick .
Regards,
Harry
 
I have tested this exact scenario with the same parameters (SBC/PBX version, IP Phone firmware, etc)and cannot replicate the issue. I even tried to replicate while having the Transfer method set to Attended Transfer too but still no luck.

If you wish that this is looked into further I would recommend contacting 3CX Technical Support so that they can help with a more in-depth investigation.
 
I have tested this exact scenario with the same parameters (SBC/PBX version, IP Phone firmware, etc)and cannot replicate the issue. I even tried to replicate while having the Transfer method set to Attended Transfer too but still no luck.

If you wish that this is looked into further I would recommend contacting 3CX Technical Support so that they can help with a more in-depth investigation.
This issue is resolved , they just confirmed that it is working again .
Regards,
Harry
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
Glad to hear!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us