• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Cannot provision STUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabetic

3CX MVP
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
6,619
Reaction score
2,633
Hi All..

I had a messy weekend and my brain isnt working today..

But i cannot get a Yealink T42S to provision on my 3CX server.

It's currently say on my network (DHCP Opt 66 point to our 3CX).

I can see the phone in bold in our 3CX.

I've set up the 3CX as a stun in PBX 2, extension has stun enabled, firewall test passes.

I've got the phone on the correct FW as of today and i've put in the prov URL, username and pasword under auto prov on the phone and it will not provision.

What's going on?
 
Hi All..

I had a messy weekend and my brain isnt working today..

But i cannot get a Yealink T42S to provision on my 3CX server.

It's currently say on my network (DHCP Opt 66 point to our 3CX).

I can see the phone in bold in our 3CX.

I've set up the 3CX as a stun in PBX 2, extension has stun enabled, firewall test passes.

I've got the phone on the correct FW as of today and i've put in the prov URL, username and pasword under auto prov on the phone and it will not provision.

What's going on?
Disable Option 66. It's conflicting.

The 3CX RPS url is not the same as the provisioning URL.
 
Disable Option 66. It's conflicting.

The 3CX RPS url is not the same as the provisioning URL.
But surely If I’ve put the 3CX prov url in the phones gui, along with the id and password it should provision?
 
But surely If I’ve put the 3CX prov url in the phones gui, along with the id and password it should provision?
Depends where you put the ID and password, and which ones.
 
Please check next items:
Isn't the IP-address of the phone been blocked?
Work the DNS settings of the phone
Reset the phone to factory default
 
It's currently say on my network (DHCP Opt 66 point to our 3CX).

I've got the phone on the correct FW as of today and i've put in the prov URL, username and pasword under auto prov on the phone and it will not provision.

Could be any number of things

1. Option 66 taking priority over manual link, and over RPS. Phone tries to provision on a different server as a result, and fails.

2. The URL might not be accessible from within your network (loopback/hairpin traffic blocked by firewall)

3. Not sure what you mean by entering username/password under autoprov - this does not make any sense, if you manually entered a link already then there is no authentication involved. You might have made the phone try to authenticate somewhere it shouldn't and this could potentially also lead to failed provisioning


Try this:

  • Confirm you've disabled Option 66 temporarily, and reset the phone
  • Then allow the phone to discover its own URL via RPS. Enter the credentials on the phone screen when asked. If not asked then you might have NAT loopback issues
  • Alternatively paste the link into the phone from the the extension provisioning page, and do not add any user/pass. The phone should be able to provision once you hit "auto-provision" unless you have aforementioned loopback issues, DNS issues, or blacklisted IP all of which prevent the phone from finding and reaching the PBX
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
This is working now, turned off the dhcp option in the phone GUI.
 
Alright, that more or less supports that DHCP option has higher priority than the rest
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us