Company field not transferring to new contact in Salesforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

agronert

Premier Customer
Advanced Certified
Joined
Dec 12, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Hello,
We are able to add contacts to Salesforce successfully from 3CX. However, when we add them the Company field doesn't transfer to Salesforce. The other fields do, but anything in the Company field doesn't go anywhere. I looked in the template and it appears that this may work when using leads, but not contacts. Am I understanding that correctly, or is there something we're missing?

thanks,
 
Hello,
We are able to add contacts to Salesforce successfully from 3CX. However, when we add them the Company field doesn't transfer to Salesforce. The other fields do, but anything in the Company field doesn't go anywhere. I looked in the template and it appears that this may work when using leads, but not contacts. Am I understanding that correctly, or is there something we're missing?

thanks,
Expected since the company is a different object that would need to be created in Salesforce separately. The template doesn't include this scenario.
 
OK. Thank you!
 
Yes, I can confirm that this is a known limitation of the Salesforce template. 3CX would need additional HTTP requests against Salesforce to check if the company exists, create the company if it doesn't exist, and then create the contact. This is not something easily achievable with the template capabilities, so 3CX left that out of scope.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,960
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us