Custom Rest API CRM Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob-integrator

New User
Joined
May 9, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Hello, 3cx community,

I'm new to 3CX integration. I'm currently building a CRM in python API.

I've created a CRM template and a python API for integration.
  • 3CX makes a call to search for a contact by number. Because initially, my CRM database is empty it returns nothing.
    • I've tried returning a 404 error code.
    • I've also tried returning empty JSON object with 200 return code.
    • I'm getting this error when I tried to execute "Test" at the time of CRM template setup on 3CX settings. Which is expected I think because I'm returning 404 error when contact not found.
    • 1652110488793.png
  • But CRM is not making API call for contact creation.
    • My assumption is once 3CX sends a request for contact search and it does not find anything it should request for contact creation.
  • 3CX is also not making requests for Call Journaling and Chat Journaling.
    • My assumption is that that's because of failure in previous stages.

Kindly correct me where ever I'm wrong in my understanding. Also, I have the following question:
  • What should be my response and response code when contact is not found in CRM?
  • Will 3CX will make a call for contact creation, or my API should automatically generate a contact when not found?
  • Is there anything wrong with my CRM template? (Please find attached XML file)
  • Are there any examples of CRM integration code in Java/Python/etc?
  • Is there any document that specifies what should be the response from CRM?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion/guidance.
 

Attachments

Here is what message I'm getting when I return 200 error code with contact not found message.
1652150865485.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.