• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Direct SIP to IP Camera System (Axis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickMcLeanCI

Free User
Advanced Certified
Joined
Sep 7, 2021
Messages
27
Reaction score
3
I am playing around with a camera system I have (Axis Communications) and see several of my cameras have SIP capability. Can't seem to get it to register properly though and just wondering what exactly I can do with this feature? Does 3CX have some way to connect with the camera for video or would it be audio only?

Anyone have experience with this? I was reading that I need to set up SRV records but my 3CX is installed on Windows 10, I don't have a DNS manager.
 
The specific device is not supported but, if it's a SIP device there's a fairly good chance you can get it to register by configuring it manually. That said, as it is not a 3CX Supported device that has never been tested with 3CX we cannot provide any information on how to achieve this nor guarantee that it will function properly or that it will work at all for that matter.

Regarding video, bear in mind that 3CX will allow video streams to pass through but will not process them, essentially meaning that if both endpoints connected to 3CX support them same video codecs and parameters, it theoretically should work.
 
All my other manually configured phones are on the same network or VPN as my pbx, but this camera is on a different network so I'm trying to use the fqdn. Not sure if that is the difference in why I can't get this camera to work.
 
SIP with cameras is tricky but usually it comes down to video codecs and config. The basic SIP should be easy to get to work. I don't think you need DNS SRV for Axis.
 
Ya I just can't even get it to register to begin with.

Axis gave me a ping command to try, and the camera cannot see my FQDN for some reason, I thought it was supposed to be accessible anywhere on the net?

Tried to ping the WAN IP as well and no response.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us