Do all users need licensing for M365 integration?

shane_v

Platinum Distributor
Advanced Certified
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
10
Hi. Almost all of our org currently runs on E3 or E5 licensing, though some of our users who do not make intensive use of Teams (warehouse staff, custodians, collections) only have E1 licenses.

What would be the implication of M365 integration here? Will the users on E1 licenses start receiving errors, or will their Teams presence, which is the main reason we want to get this implemented, just not work? We mainly only want our users on E3/E5 licenses to have presence sync as they are the only ones who need it.
 
First off, No licensing is needed at all on the part of 3CX. The status integration is part of the PRO license.

You only need a Teams phone license if you want to do Teams Direct routing. And this requires 3CX ENT 16Sc and up. But most companies don't need this.

The Teams status sync is part of office 365 Graph API and I don't believe any special licensing is needed on the part of Microsoft either. So E1 status sync should work so please let us know how it goes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi Nick,

Thank you so much, I was scouring the internet looking for this exact answer. As soon as I have approval and completed implementation, I'll respond here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: N_G