• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Door phones no longer sending video after moving 3CX to Google Cloud Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamwhite

Customer
Joined
Sep 21, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I was running our 3CX locally, and decided it would be better to switch to a hosted solution. Our Axis a8105's worked fine with audio/video going to Yealink T58 when the system was local. After I reinstalled on the Google Cloud, the audio works from door phone to extension, but the video does not.

The extensions are connected using STUN.

Is there a firewall rule I need to add?

I passed the firewall test in 3CX.
 
Hi Adam,

STUN requires quite a bit of additional configuration.

We really recommend customers use our SBC for hosted solutions, to avoid the extra legwork needed when using STUN. This is especially true if you have more than a couple of devices at your local site.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I have 2 locations, and I installed SBC on a device at both. I re-provisioned the phones and it works after making some codec adjustments. That STUN work around looks like a real good time...
 
Indeed! Don't get me wrong though, STUN can work just fine, but you need to control too many factors to ensure it doesn't suddenly stop working at the worst possible time and the effort (plus troubleshooting) may not be worth it when the SBC pretty much takes care of business for you ;)

Glad to hear all is working now Adam!
 
  • Like
Reactions: MidiTélécom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us