• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Downloading the configuration file

Status
Not open for further replies.

PvK

Customer
Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Messages
72
Reaction score
20
In order to configure a Grandstream HT801 the instruction here https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-ht-fxs/ states that you need to download the configuration file. However, the provisioning link is an http address, with port 5000.
Chrome refuses to download this from a non secure location. It can be saved but only by some extra steps


Perhaps time to change the provisioning link to https address to make this a little easier.
 
Last edited:
In order to configure a Grandstream HT801 the instruction here https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-ht-fxs/ states that you need to download the configuration file. However, the provisioning link is an http address, with port 5000.
Chrome refuses to download this from a non secure location. It can be saved but only by some extra steps


Perhaps time to change the provisioning link to https address to make this a little easier.
If you're using the HT801 locally with the PBX, yes the file will be local (HTTP.) To access it remotely, use the SBC provisioning method to generate a HTTPS URL. If you need local, set that HTTP URL in the HT config and reboot it.
 
If you're using the HT801 locally with the PBX, yes the file will be local (HTTP.) To access it remotely, use the SBC provisioning method to generate a HTTPS URL. If you need local, set that HTTP URL in the HT config and reboot it.
Hi thanks. I think I tried that, but I am not 100% sure. In any case the instruction says you have to download the file and upload it. It worked out in the end. But Chrome tries to prevent it. I saw later that under the litte up arrow, you can say you want it anyway. I think if the url does not work in the way you say, it would be easier if 3cx would add a download button.
 
Hi thanks. I think I tried that, but I am not 100% sure. In any case the instruction says you have to download the file and upload it. It worked out in the end. But Chrome tries to prevent it. I saw later that under the litte up arrow, you can say you want it anyway. I think if the url does not work in the way you say, it would be easier if 3cx would add a download button.
It doesn't matter, the Download button would just open the link.

As I explained, when using the HT801 locally to the PBX, the HTTP url is used for provisioning. However, the HTTP port only responds to local IPs. So, if you're using the external IP or FQDN to access the console, it would be HTTPS. If you access the console locally via a computer, the HTTP url would work and you could download the file.
 
Thanks, In that case, the documentation should be updated, because that is not what is says.
 
Thanks, In that case, the documentation should be updated, because that is not what is says.
It's explained in the Academy courses.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX and PvK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us