• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Duplicate statically assigned payload type with conflicting codec name or clock rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

amasidlover

Customer
Joined
May 18, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

We're trialling 3CX and have a small collection of old IP phones (Grandstreams, Ciscos, Aastras and Linksys) we'd rather not send functional devices to landfill so I've set them up with hosted 3CX and an SBC. They're mostly working, i.e.,

3CX App running on Chrome (Fedora) dialling Hardware IP Phone works fine

Hardware IP phone dialling Android 3CX app works fine

Android 3CX app dialling Hardware IP Phone works fine

However, Hardware IP phone dialling 3CX App running on Chrome (Fedora) gives

Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to parse SessionDescription. a=rtpmap:2 G726-32/8000 Duplicate statically assigned payload type with conflicting codec name or clock rate.

Oddly, this is actually a critical use case as I suspect the most common use for the hardware phones will be answering an external call and transferring it to a developer (most likely using the 3CX app on Chrome).

I realise our phones are too old to be 'offiicially supported', but it would give me a very warm feeling not having to send them to landfill and knowing that if we buy new phones they won't end up in landfill after a few years...

Thanks for any assistance!
 
Hi,

G726 is not supported by the Webclient, remove any offending codecs from the IP phones and it should go away.

Keep G711 and G722 only for example.
 
Thanks! I thought I'd enabled and disabled all combinations of codecs, but once I disabled just G726 and then G729 the phone started working.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us