existing contacts in hubspot not matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandumit

Forum User
Joined
Mar 16, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
HEllo All,
I have followed the guides, even I have tried to change the integration XML and have modified line :<Number Prefix="AsIs" MaxLength="9" />
however existing contacts with phone number of format "0712345678" still don't match it.
I have made tests and if I send to test only string "712345678" creates a new contact.
What I am doing wrong ?
I am clueless here.

Daniel
 
Hello Daniel,

The caller's number needs to match exactly the number you have in HubSpot. If you receive calls from the number "0712345678", then you need to store your contact with that exact number, and not just 712345678.

If this is not the case, you should use Caller ID Reformatting techniques to adjust the caller's number to the format you use in your CRM.
 
thank you for fast answer. in order to make it work I have made a change in xml from
<Number Prefix="AsIs" MaxLength="[MaxLength]" />
to
<Number Prefix="AsIs" MaxLength="10" />

its not perfect since some time I have some numbers like +4 1234567890 (with international prefix in advance) but big majority fits on 10 digits.

I have read again documentation, I have left it with exact match and then I have put in XML that 10 digits max length.
thank you,
Daniel
 
If you want to do this, just leave the template as it was originally, and configure 3CX Console > Advanced > Contacts > Options, to match using the last 10 digits. This way you don't miss template updates that might be released in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheodorosG_3CX
Thank you @edossantos . I have made the change and when I am doing "Testing CRM integration" it returns customer data however if I make a real phone call on android app where I receive the call I don't get customer name displayed.
I wonder why does this happen.
Shouldn't be displayed on android app the contact name ?
thank you,
Daniel
 
The Android app can check a lot of places so if the contact is found locally on the device, it will take priority.

That being said, checking the logs in verbose will give you the best idea of why it may not be working correctly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dandumit
Thank you @edossantos . I have made the change and when I am doing "Testing CRM integration" it returns customer data however if I make a real phone call on android app where I receive the call I don't get customer name displayed.
I wonder why does this happen.
Shouldn't be displayed on android app the contact name ?
thank you,
Daniel
The contact details returned by the CRM are passed to the Web Client and Desktop app only. For Android / iPhone clients, you will need to enable contact synchronization, so 3CX also adds the contact details to the 3CX phonebook, and this way the client will show the name.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheodorosG_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us