Fanvil X5U v2 Bluetooth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZettner

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Apr 27, 2022
Messages
19
Reaction score
3
I am having issues with our phones after the latest update. When a remote phone is set as a router phone it is killing the bluetooth adaptor. When going to Menu > Basic > Bluetooth > it shows no adaptor found. When I switch the phone to use STUN the bluetooth adaptor works.
 

Attachments

  • Resized_20230821_094030.jpeg
    Resized_20230821_094030.jpeg
    956.9 KB · Views: 19
The phones bluetooth also works if set as a local phone.
 
After testing with the Fanvil v64 phone this phone is affected as well. This seems to affect all router phones and affects all model of phones.
 
Last edited:
FYI I'm seeing this issue as well on the X5u-V2. My phone is connected to an SBC FWIW, with a cloud 3CX server.
 
I have been working with Fanvil and they said that the router phones by design will have the bluetooth and wifi disabled. The following models they say supports the bluetooth.
V65、X7-V2、X7C-V2、X210-V2、X210i-V2.
 
Did they mean only when in router phone mode or all v2 phones other than those listed would have bluetooth disabled?
 
Actual email from Fanvil is below.

Thanks for your info.

After confirm with our internal team, due to memory limitations, when the X5U-V2 is used as a Router Phone, the WiFi and Bluetooth functions are disabled by default.

I will inform you if any update on this point.

Thanks for your valuable understanding.

Best Regards
-------------
Pedro Ortega
Fanvil Technology Co. Ltd. NA - LATAM
 
My understanding is all v phones other than the ones that they listed will all have bluetooth disabled as a router phone.
 
I have a similar issue.

Customer site has 1x V64 as router phone over cable and 5x V64 in normal mode via Wi-Fi. I know Wi-Fi is not preferred but sometimes you have to do your best with what you have.

2.12.16.20 is the new 3CX approved firmware for these phones.

The Normal phones over Wi-Fi were firmware upgraded from 2.12.16.17 (this firmware is fine), to version 2.12.16.20.
This stops the phones from accessing Wi-Fi. It never finds a SSID and never searches. If you factory reset the phone then you can add a Wi-Fi and it connects fine. But then reset/power cycle the phone and Wi-Fi stops working again. This is on all 5x Normal phones over Wi-Fi. The cabled one being the router phone works fine so left that as 2.12.16.20.

I downgraded them from 2.12.16.20 to 2.12.16.17 and then resubscribed and they worked fine.

Defiantly a bug with version 2.12.16.20.
 
Thanks for the info - this explains why my V64 said no Bluetooth module found after I had set them up as SBC router phones a month ago!
 
As far as I know, my X5U-V2 isn't configured as a router phone, yet it is saying no Bluetooth adapter found. It's connected to an on-prem 3CX. Any ideas why that would be? Even if I connected Fanvil's Bluetooth dongle to the USB port on the back it says the same thing.
 
Seems to be an issue with the current firmware. Fanvil provided me with an updated one that has Bluetooth working for an on prem or non-router phone. They said if you need a router phone and bluetooth it's only supported on V65 phone due to resources on the lower end phones.
 
My phone isn't a router phone, as far as I know. I hope it isn't, as I implemented and manage our on-prem 3CX and that's not how it should be operating. So, if this is a supposed bug with phones operating in router mode, why is my non-router phone experiencing the issue? Must be a bigger issue than just phones in router mode... Good to know that Fanvil has a fix. Hopefully 3CX can push out the corrected firmware soon.
 
Downgrade the firmware to 2.12.15.6 and this will fix the issue. If you upgrade the firmware to anything higher that 2.12.15.6 then it will render the bluetooth useless.
 
I'm glad Fanvil & 3CX don't do basic testing of Firmware before pushing it out. Thanks for the info on the version numbers!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: BTComp
Also to note, Fanvil's fix is to upgrade the phone model to v65 or higher and there are no fixes for these lesser model of phones. My advice is do not upgrade the firmware or replace the phones with V65、X7-V2、X7C-V2、X210-V2、X210i-V2. I have been running on the 2.12.15.6 firmware on my X5u-v2 and have had no issues.
 
I'm glad Fanvil & 3CX don't do basic testing of Firmware before pushing it out. Thanks for the info on the version numbers!
They each point to each other with neither wanting to take ownership of the issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 0xDECAFBAD
7/3/2024 - Still a bug in 2.12.16.22 :confused: 3CX team any update on this?
 
7/3/2024 - Still a bug in 2.12.16.22 :confused: 3CX team any update on this?
In the end, it was that the new template had Wi-Fi disabled from memory. Check this.
 
Does anyone have a old 2.12.15.6 firmware for X5U V2, so I can get WiFI working
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
112,156
Messages
591,013
Members
165,188
Latest member
Teemal