General questions on Salesforce/3CX integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianstoiberp

New User
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
We are migrating to 3CX from another service. We use Salesforce and I have the integration already set up but I have a couple of questions that I have run into. However, after not testing since July 14th, they seem to have resolved themselves. Was there an update that may have resolved the following?
  1. If a call was received and the contact's phone number was in Salesforce's Phone field, it would pop the contact record. If it was in the Mobile field, it would not. Now it appears to be working so that if the contact's phone number is in either field, it will recognize it. Is this the expected behaviour?
  2. If a call was received and the contact's phone number was in Salesforce, it would automatically pop the contact record open. I was hoping the user would have the option to click the contact record button to have it pop if they want it. It seems to be configured now to do that. Is this the expected behaviour?
 
1. There was no updates as far as I know. Might be a config thing or a Salesforce thing.

2. Yes, the default behavior opens the contact/lead page automatically on answer. That being said, this can be disabled in the Webclient/DesktopApp > ... > Settings > Integration, set it to Off. The agent will still see the contact icon in the dialer when the entity was found in the CRM. Clicking that icon will open the page.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brianstoiberp
Thanks for the notes on the record pop options. I would have thought Off would mean that it would not query Salesforce at all. But this is the behaviour I am looking for. Thank you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe