- Joined
- Mar 19, 2025
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
Hello 3CX Community,
I am trying to integrate GoHighLevel CRM with my 3CX system using the CRM Integration feature. GoHighLevel’s API requires the API key to be sent as a Bearer token in the Authorization header (i.e., Authorization: Bearer <API_KEY>).
However, my 3CX (hosted/PBX Express) only allows Basic authentication in the CRM XML import. When I try to use <Authentication Type="Custom">; with a custom header, I get an “invalid file format” error on import. If I use Basic Auth, GoHighLevel rejects the request with “Unauthorized”.
Has anyone successfully integrated GoHighLevel with 3CX Hosted, or found a workaround for Bearer token authentication?
Summary of my environment:
I am trying to integrate GoHighLevel CRM with my 3CX system using the CRM Integration feature. GoHighLevel’s API requires the API key to be sent as a Bearer token in the Authorization header (i.e., Authorization: Bearer <API_KEY>).
However, my 3CX (hosted/PBX Express) only allows Basic authentication in the CRM XML import. When I try to use <Authentication Type="Custom">; with a custom header, I get an “invalid file format” error on import. If I use Basic Auth, GoHighLevel rejects the request with “Unauthorized”.
Has anyone successfully integrated GoHighLevel with 3CX Hosted, or found a workaround for Bearer token authentication?
- Is there a way to enable custom authentication headers on 3CX Hosted?
- Is a middleware/proxy the only solution for now?
- Will 3CX add support for Bearer tokens in the future for hosted plans?
Summary of my environment:
- 3CX Version: 20, Hosted by 3CX
- GoHighLevel API requires Bearer token
- CRM XML import only allows Basic/No/Scenario authentication, not Custom
Last edited:
Upvote
2