• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Grandstream HT801 without SBC and Cloud based PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygeeknc

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
7
Is it possible with the HT801 ATA to be setup without an SBC? I have a group of about 8 Yealink phones working directly with a cloud based PBX but I need to get the fax machine set up and my only two options when going into the FXS/DECT is LAN or SBC. If the HT801 doesn't allow direct provisioning, does any ATA?
 
As you have 8 yealink configured as stun, I would change the setup to use sbc - it will make your life so much easier In the future

will save all the hassle of setting up different rtp ports, port forwarding, etc required for stun extensions
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
I can't say if it's impossible but it's certainly not supported by 3CX. That said, I would indeed recommend deploying an SBC as @Saqqara mentioned especially since you already have a number of IP Phones provisioned via STUN on the same site.

Using a 3CX SBC means:

Pros
• Extra layer of security due to use of 3CX Tunnel.
• Allows PnP Provisioning for IP Phones making initial setup a breeze
• Negates the need for remote firewall configuration simplifying the config further and increasing security even more

Cons
• 3CX SBC Host required.
 
We ended up deploying an SBC, thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
Excellent good choice!:)

Do let us know if you need anything else by starting a new thread!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us