Solved How to increase the Chat session time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spf

Customer
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
10
The fact is that the client writes to us in the chat, and after a couple of seconds the session ends and the operator does not have time to answer.

Any case?
 
  • Like
Reactions: hofade
Hi @spf,

The chat session ending would be the user closing it on the other side or your agents closing it. Can you open a chat on your website and test if the chat ends automatically without closing the window?
 
  • Like
Reactions: spf
Hi @spf,

The chat session ending would be the user closing it on the other side or your agents closing it. Can you open a chat on your website and test if the chat ends automatically without closing the window?
There are no problems with the PC, this is a typical problem with mobile phones.

If you switch between bookmarks, at some point (a few seconds) the session is interrupted. Guaranteed immediately closes if the phone screen goes out, and you do not have time to receive a message from the operator.
 
Hi @spf,

I think this is specific to your device. I've just tried this on a OnePlus 8 and this doesn't happen to me unless I switch WiFi to 4G etc, if I leave the connection alone nothing happens - locking the screen or letting it time out has no effect on the chat. I change tabs, I create new pages in my browser, no problem.

I'm using Chrome. What browser are you starting a chat from?
 
  • Like
Reactions: spf
Hi @spf,

I think this is specific to your device. I've just tried this on a OnePlus 8 and this doesn't happen to me unless I switch WiFi to 4G etc, if I leave the connection alone nothing happens - locking the screen or letting it time out has no effect on the chat. I change tabs, I create new pages in my browser, no problem.

I'm using Chrome. What browser are you starting a chat from?
On PC Chrome too - here not proble.
On mobile phone use Safari
 
Hi @spf,

Can you try to download Google Chrome and try again using Chrome?
 
  • Like
Reactions: spf
Hi @spf,

Can you try to download Google Chrome and try again using Chrome?
Most likely the Client simply turns off the phone or closing the chat window/tab. So the case done.

We have a lot of experience using different online chat solutions before, and we switched to 3CX precisely because of the attempt to combine contacts and calls in one environment.

Just question: Is it possible to count in the future on an attempt to merge sessions (based on IP addresses, or e-mail that is indicated to initialize the chat), so that the client, even if he enters the chat (after 1 hour, 1 day, or a month - it doesn’t matter), he will see the operator’s response even after a long period of time.

In fact, we see that the client starts the chat 5 times within 15 minutes, 5 different closed sessions are displayed for the operator. Although in fact we clearly see that the IP addresses are identical and this is the same person.
 
Hi @spf,

At the moment it's not on the roadmap as far as I'm aware, but will consider your feedback!

As the primary issue was answered and we've reached common ground, I'll close this thread now. Feel free to open a new thread if you need anything else!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us