Hubspot 3CX integration, Set Owner in Engagement API Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.reitter

Customer
Joined
Feb 27, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
It would be great that the property Owner would be set in the Engagment API of Hubspot.

This could be done based on the E-Mail Adress of the Agent in 3CX.
If the e-Mail matches with one of the Users in Hubspot, this information should be passed.

This allowes to make better reports in Hubspot about who had how much talking time.

See the difference here:
First line, hubspot user is tracked (manually in this example)
Secons line, hubspot user is not tracked. Should be done with the api.
user3cxhubspot.png



Could this be added to the default version of the hubspot plugin?
 
This cannot be done with HubSpot's API since there's no endpoint to query users. The engagement needs to be assigned to the User ID, not the email directly.

This is a limitation from HubSpot and not 3CX.
 
https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/owners/get_owners
This looks pretty much like the correct call to get the owner id based on the e-mail?
This is the legacy API which is no longer supported. The template uses the new one. It does have a similar endpoint, but this only works via the email.

Also, this finds the agent via email. Not via his extension, which is the preferred way because it works for both calls and chats. Unfortunately, this is not possible since HubSpot doesn't have an Extension Number field in the users and doesn't have a way to add custom fields to those objects either.
 
@edossantos Just noticed that AgentEmail is available for calls AND chats.

This could be implemented then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.reitter
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
If you wish, I can help to implement it until 3CX does it themselves.

Just know that if you do this, any agents not matched to an email will not have its calls logged at all.
 
If you wish, I can help to implement it until 3CX does it themselves.

Just know that if you do this, any agents not matched to an email will not have its calls logged at all.
yes would be great. what do i need to do?
 
Send me the current template (ours is configured already on something else) of HubSpot and I'll make the necessary edits to add the owner query to the scenarios.

I am used to it.
 
Send me the current template (ours is configured already on something else) of HubSpot and I'll make the necessary edits to add the owner query to the scenarios.

I am used to it.
Here you find the Template! Thanks!
 

Attachments

@Frederick Marcoux i managed to change the template myself.
I'll attach our current template for anyone else to use.

The only downside currently is that if the sequence which fetches the owner fails nothing (line 353) is logged in HubSpot, as i guess the sequence ends then. I guess there is a way to configure this but i didn't figure it out yet.
 

Attachments

@Frederick Marcoux i managed to change the template myself.
I'll attach our current template for anyone else to use.

The only downside currently is that if the sequence which fetches the owner fails nothing (line 353) is logged in HubSpot, as i guess the sequence ends then. I guess there is a way to configure this but i didn't figure it out yet.
AllowEmpty=true on the scenario. It should allow it to find nothing (according to the rule your create) and continue anyway.

Then, a IIf on the request value to say "if the owner is not empty, set it, otherwise don't include that data".

Look at Zoho for the report call, it will show how to use that.
 
Hello, this is something that we plan to implement in a future update. I can't provide any ETA, but it's in our TODO list, now that we have the email address of the agent taken from the 3CX extension, we can do this mapping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us