• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

inbound call IP phone not ringing v18

Status
Not open for further replies.

reco326

SOHO User
Basic Certified
Joined
Jan 30, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
after the update from v16 to v18 I got a problem with my IP phone astraa 6755i. In detail when I try to call from my mobile phone or even from an internal extension to another (example 201 to 200) the phone with ext 200 doesn't ring and doesn't receive any call. Setting into the tab "forwarding rules" of the ext. 200 the value "forward internal end external call to mobile phone" after x sec works well. IP phone can call other extensions and do outbound calls without any kind of problems.
I have tried, as you can see, to update the phone firmware but nothing is changed :confused:

Attached is my Activity Log file.
Could you please let me know what I can do?

Thanks in advance

regards

Federico

P.S. If I use the new softphone on my laptop everything is working well (ex. ext 200 try to call softphone ext 207)

System is on AWS server with static public IP so I don't use STUN

phone firmware details

new

AttributeValue
Firmware Information
Firmware Version3.3.1.4305
Firmware Release CodeSIP
Boot Version2.5.2.1010
Date/TimeDec 16 2014 08:47:02

old

AttributeValue
Firmware Information
Firmware Version3.2.2.3109
Firmware Release CodeSIP
Boot Version2.5.2.1010
Date/TimeMay 28 2013 12:01:01
 

Attachments

Hi @reco326,

Just as a refresher, if you have a look at the limitations of the Astraa 6755i on the EOL IP Phones page: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/aastra/

"Note that these phones can not be used from a remote location or in combination with a 3CX in the cloud." They are LAN only devices.
 
Ok, thanks for your prompt reply.
To be honest is not clear to me why they were working before the update.
Was this limitation introduced with the v18 update?
regards
 
Hi @reco326,

Was this limitation introduced with the v18 update?
No, it was always the same requirement and always required to be on the same LAN. Hence I'm not sure how it worked in the first place, but being an unsupported scenario now, I can't think of anything to get it working in the current set up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock