• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Intercom/Auto Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbitnetworking

Bronze Partner
Joined
Nov 28, 2020
Messages
138
Reaction score
30
Has this feature been deprecated? In older forum posts and Google results, I see mention of dialing *9 before the extension and being able call the extension and have it auto-answer on speakerphone and the audio is 2-way. I also see mention of being able to set the intercom dial code in the settings but I don't have that option at all. I see where I can give users the rights to intercom between each other and I've done so. I also see that dialing *99 before the extension is supposed to Page but in my case, it just puts calls the extension for some reason. Any ideas?
 
The Intercom function still exists and should work. I'd recommend checking the following:

1. "Can intercom" must be enabled for the extensions performing the Intercom under "Extensions >> Edit >> Rights"

2. The Paging Dial-code must be used when making the call and it must be defined under "Settings >> Dial-Codes >> Paging". There must not be any other overlapping Dial-codes or dial-codes that start with the same prefix.

3. Extensions involved in the call must be in the same group

4. "Can see group members" must be enabled for the extension performing the Intercom under "Extensions >> Edit >> Rights".

5. "Show presence to group members" must be enabled for the extension receiving the Intercom call.
 
I think the group membership was the issue. I was testing it with my mobile device but was not park of the Group. I also thought intercom and paging were two different things. Either way, it's working now. Thanks Chris!
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
Glad to hear you got this resolved!

"Paging" in the Dial-codes section actually refers to one-to-one Intercom. You may be thinking of Paging Groups that can be created in the Ring Groups section.
 
  • Like
Reactions: qbitnetworking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us