Solved Issue: Live Chat Disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma1218

Forum User
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
89
Reaction score
9
I installed Wordpress Live chat on a staging site. The LiveChat URL is entered correctly, and LiveChat is enabled under the new "Messaging:Beta" Tab.

The icon is "Grayed-out" and set as disabled=disabled via the Chrome Inspector tool.

I can access the extensions Live Chat directly via URL, though.

The only thing I can think of is that the staging site doesn't have SSL. Could that be the reason? Is SSL on the Wordpress site required for this to work?

Anything else I should check?
 
Could you check that you have entered the correct Website where the Live Chat plugin is installed is entered in the Live chat settings?
1610016417853.png
 
It is indeed set to the correct URL.
 
I must have missed the last line of your first reply.

Yes, the website needs to have a valid SSL certificate in order for this to work correctly. This is most likely the reason you are having the problem. Also don't forget in the PBX URL do make it "https" once you have the cert.
 
Ah. No problem. I figured that might have been the issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us