Link 3CX to Recordings already in Sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphix

Free User
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I'm an IT Admin, a customer was running 3CX hosted on a local Windows PC, installed by me and administered.

They are signed up under a reseller, and that reseller has migrated them to Hosted 3CX.

I was told this after the migration had occured. Problem is they didn't backup and transfer the recordings - ~91GB of which are now sitting on the old Windows PC, orphaned.

The response from the reseller was:

- Set up Sharepoint backup in 3CX
- Manually upload the recordings folder structure to Sharepoint
- 3CX will automatically detect the recordings being there and mark them as archived in 3CX.

Uh - nope. Didn't work. I uploaded a few recordings to Sharepoint, they don't show up.

Microsoft 365 integration is working correctly, I can archive post-move recordings, they show up with an Archived icon and I can download them.

But dropping old recordings into an extension's folder in Sharepoint doesn't make anything line up in 3CX. Selecting that recording entry under Recordings and clicking Archive doesn't do anything - no messages to say what has or has not happened.

So right now they have 5 years of recordings orphaned.

I didn't expect what the reseller said to work as I would expect the PostgreSQL record to need to be flagged as Archived and to have a link to the file.

I would expect if I can get FTP access to the Hosted 3CX server I can dump the recordings into /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Recordings - but I think the reseller is going to be reticent about wanting to increase the disk space temporarily to allow me to upload 91GB of recordings, then to Archive into Sharepoint.

Is there ANY way I can get this linked back up without having to upload into the Hosted 3CX via FTP then transferring to Sharepoint?

They are running 3CX 18.0 Update 9 (Build 20) - they haven't gone to v20 yet due to waiting for certain features to become available.
 
- Manually upload the recordings folder structure to Sharepoint
This will never work as the recordings are also indexed in the database. Just moving manually the recordings will never show in the 3CX. The recordings need to be first in the local folder and then archived.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
This will never work as the recordings are also indexed in the database. Just moving manually the recordings will never show in the 3CX. The recordings need to be first in the local folder and then archived.
Dang. I expected this response, it makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you for the quick response - it's greatly appreciated. I'll send this thread to my customer and we will have to work something out with the reseller to increase the storage space, FTP the files in, and archive from within 3CX.
 
You are welcome :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.