M365 integration working only one way

Mattas Leek

Premier Customer
Joined
Sep 29, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Added the M365 integration to our on-prem 3cx server (Version 20.0 Update 6 (Build 724 Release)) today.
Realtime sync checks ok. Chose Sync Only as we cannot have all the users from Entra in 3cx.
SSO works as it should and the sync from 3cx app to teams works as well.
Sync from Teams to 3cx doesn't work at all though. I've tried re-authorizing a few times and tested to add the user to the enterprise application in Entra (even though it shouldn't be needed) but the sync just doesn't work.
Is there something i'm missing in this setup? Do i need to do something in teams admin?
 
Did you authorize the sync precense in the M365 settings as well?
1758713602876.png
 
I did. I also tried to deauthorize and then authorize again. Still, the sync only works 3cx-> teams and not the other way around.
 
Did you authorize the sync precense in the M365 settings as well?
View attachment 49476

Why should it be necessary to Authorize again ?
I have a costumer where everyting has worked fine. After a couple of month's the sync stopped, but only one way. Meaning presence was still syncing from 3CX til Teams, but not the other way around.
After Authorize everyting worked again. I dont think it should be like that. Suddenly it stops working and then and I need to Authorize again to make everyting work.
Thanks
 
Why should it be necessary to Authorize again ?
I have a costumer where everyting has worked fine. After a couple of month's the sync stopped, but only one way. Meaning presence was still syncing from 3CX til Teams, but not the other way around.
After Authorize everyting worked again. I dont think it should be like that. Suddenly it stops working and then and I need to Authorize again to make everyting work.
Thanks
Sometimes autorisation requirements change depending on the update you are in. if the response from M365 has changed for example and the PBX is not on the latest version, it might not know how to process. In case of an update, which mentions the connection, best to reauthenicate.

I think the 3CX team can give a more technical explanation on this. This is just from experience.
 
Thanks for reply, so you are saying that it would be a good thing, everytime you install an update to the 3cx PBX system, to athorize again to make sure the connection is working ? :)
 
But we haven't got it working in the first place at all... It only works from 3cx to teams but has never worked from teams to 3cx. And that's a problem since people need to be offline in 3cx while in a meeting in teams.
 
Thanks for reply, so you are saying that it would be a good thing, everytime you install an update to the 3cx PBX system, to athorize again to make sure the connection is working ? :)

We don't do it by default with every upgrade. We check the release notes and if the connection would be mentioned then reauthenicate (Just in case)
 
But we haven't got it working in the first place at all... It only works from 3cx to teams but has never worked from teams to 3cx. And that's a problem since people need to be offline in 3cx while in a meeting in teams.
Best to start a support request with 3CX then. They could pinpoint you in the right direction based on the logs