Solved M365 SSO - User redirect to 3CX Login Screen after Authenticating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nell

Bronze Partner
Joined
Mar 7, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Pro 4 Sim Edition
Version 20.0 Update 4 (Build 487 Release)

Have a user that is struggling to use M365 to sign in.

They run through the sign in procedure, authenticate via M365 only to return back to the login screen.

Have used various browsers, guest mode, incognito etc.. No joy.

The user has been added to the M365 sync and the integration is reporting "Status OK".

Other users can authenticate using M365 no problem.

I have rebooted the instance but sill no joy.

Is there anyway to check/force the sync and to check progress? Any logs that shed any light I should be looking for?

Thanks!
 
Regarding your question, try checking the user's settings under the options tab that their M365 options are checked there for them

1737636690305.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: Alejandro_3CX
Hey Charles,

The user is not appearing in the list so I cannot check, which I suspect is the issue. It seems to me that the sync to M365 is not happening so the user does not get created and thus cannot log in.

I dont know how one can verify this, check logs for clues etc....
 
I see, so you are first trying to sync the user to create a 3cx extension.

In this case, check that the user is added to the Sync users section within the Users > M365 tab within the admin console.

if they are and they are added there, then check that the user's account in Azure (entra) has both a first and last name and the User type tag set to Member.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Alejandro_3CX
Hey Charles, setting "User Type" to "Member" fixed the issue.

Is this in the official docs anywhere? I did have a look but couldn't find any reference.

Many thanks for your help!
 
Hey Charles, setting "User Type" to "Member" fixed the issue.

Is this in the official docs anywhere? I did have a look but couldn't find any reference.

Many thanks for your help!
This is a standard practice with 365. It's not a 3cx documented feature, as it's not a 3cx function. I am glad that this is now resolved for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.