M365 Users Not Syncing After Terrible Initial Sync Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xDECAFBAD

Premier Customer
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
10
I've been working on getting a self-hosted 3CX PBX setup for a while now (over a year...other priorities). I had imported all of our users via CSV file but only a couple actually have phones set up at this point. I enabled the M365 user sync and excluded the users who are not humans (all users except these). 3CX then proceeded to sync all, or the vast majority, of the accounts on the list of accounts it was not supposed to sync. It did attach a lot of M365 accounts to the proper extension in 3CX. There were also a handful of 3CX accounts that had a corresponding account in Azure AD (same email address, maybe capitalization was different but that's it) that 3CX didn't connect together. Does 3CX use the email address to connect the accounts together? Does the capitalization have to match? 3CX also created some empty extensions after the M365 sync. No name, no email address, the only thing that was configured was the extension number.

So, I deleted every extension in 3CX except for the couple of extensions with phones operating on them, the operator extension, the paging extension, etc. I then turned off M365 user sync, changed it to only "sync these users", and added a few M365 user accounts to the list. Then I turned the M365 user sync back on and waited a little while. Nothing is syncing. I restarted the system server service and then rebooted the whole 3CX VM (using the Debian 10 iso). I'm not having any luck getting users to sync from M365 now.

Is this a common occurrence? Is the M365 integration ready for production? I'm running v18.0 build 965.
 
Last edited:
I've deleted the M365 app, created it again, linked 3CX, and tried syncing three users who already have extensions in 3CX. One of the three accounts were connected to the corresponding M365 account. Which log file would spell out the malfunction with matching the other two? Thanks for any assistance!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.