• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Manually Setup 3CX Phonebook - Cisco 7821

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoiusa

New User
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Hello, I recently purchased a CIsco 7821 and even though it is unsupported, it seems as if all the features are working such as hold, conference, and transfer. However, I would like to add a corporate phonebook that lists all the extensions, since it doesn't do it on unsupported phones.

Here is the control panel for setting up LDAP phonebook and I need the correct data to put in the fields so the corporate phonebook works:
1636237629789.png
 
Check the Cisco EOL template and see if it provisions a phonebook. If so, use the same pattern of url.

Normally, it's the provisioning URL followed by the brand-specific phonebook.
 
First of all, the Cisco 7821 is not in EOL I believe, and second of all, it does not provision a phonebook, so how do I get the information manually?
 
  • Like
Reactions: khoiusa
I see, so there is NO way for it to work?
 
I mean you could write your own phonebook file and serve it to the phone. This is the downside of using an unsupported phone and why I said you should return it for a supported model.

Your screenshot is for an LDAP lookup - do you have a LDAP server where the phone can see it?
 
I don't know, does 3CX have LDAP?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Saqqara
3CX is not an LDAP server. For most phones 3CX generates a XML file for phonebook. If this phone only does ldap lookups you will need to setup a LDAP server to handle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us