Microsoft 365 contacts not showing as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanmark

Customer
Basic Certified
Joined
May 7, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have followed How to Integrate your PBX with Microsoft 365 | 3CX to set up both shared mailbox and personal contact sync with Microsoft 365. And it does sync contacts, they just don't show up as I expected. The doc says "Users' personal contacts are synced with the 3CX personal phonebook". That seems to work on 3CX apps, but not phones - that's probably a phone issue. It also says "Shared mailbox contacts are synced with the 3CX Company directory." On phones, they do show up under Remote Phone Book \ 3CX Phonebook, along with internal extensions and CRM contacts. On apps, they show up as Microsoft 365, which might be fine if only shared contacts were there, but that also contains the user's personal contacts, so company and personal can't be filtered.

So in summary, if I filter by Company on the app, I get only native 3CX phonebook contacts - fine. If I filter on Personal, I get only my personal contacts - so far so good. If I filter on CRM, I get only CRM contacts - makes sense so far. But if I filter on Microsoft 365, I get both the shared contacts as well as personal ones, so there appears to be no way to see only shared contacts, and people can't tell which are shared and which are personal.

Is that expected behaviour, or am I missing something?

tks,

Shane
 
This is to be expected. All 365 contacts will be seen when filtering with the 365 option, you will see everything synchronized from M365, your personal 365 contacts, and the shared mailbox folder contacts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.