Microsoft 365 Sync Creating Duplicate Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgeno

Premier Customer
Joined
Sep 4, 2019
Messages
26
Reaction score
8
I'm having trouble with Microsoft 365 sync creating a duplicate extension for new users whose extensions we create manually. I really only use the Microsoft 365 integration for single sign on, so I create the extensions manually, and then select the user in the Office 365 sync settings to match them up. The email listed in the extension and UPN/email in Microsoft 365 all match. But when the sync process happens, it creates a new extension instead of finding the existing one. The weird thing is both the new and existing show that they're synced with Microsoft 365.

Here are screenshots of what I'm seeing. How can I stop it from creating new extensions for users in already in the system with the same email address? This was all working before, but seems to have changed in the last couple of months.

Edit: One more piece of info I just remembered. This extension used to belong to someone else. I changed the email address on it when they left rather than deleting it and creating it new. Is that the issue, and could it be cleared somehow without deleting the extension and wiping out the user's newly recorded greetings?

User in 365.png

User Selected in Sync.png

Duplicate Extension.png
 
Last edited:
Edit: One more piece of info I just remembered. This extension used to belong to someone else. I changed the email address on it when they left rather than deleting it and creating it new. Is that the issue, and could it be cleared somehow without deleting the extension and wiping out the user's newly recorded greetings?
This is actually the reason. Each extension keeps some metadata about the sync with MS365, so re-using the same extension won't work because it the background it is already associated with some other MS user.

If you want to do this, first delete the extension in 3CX, then create a new one, with the same number if you want, and assign the email that matches the MS email/UPN, then select the user and the sync should find and match to the new one you created.
 
Thanks. That's a little annoying since physical phones and DIDs need to be reconnected to it. But I'll deal.

It would be nice if there were a way to "reset" an extension and clear out any user specific info (including voicemail settings and such) but keep the line config and attached phones.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.