Microsoft 365 won't connect or reconfigure with 3CX Locally Hosted Instance

darrenmaa

SOHO User
Basic Certified
Joined
Feb 9, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
I was doing my weekly systems review and saw that my M365 integration wanted a reconfiguration. I attempted to complete the process but the website (integration.3cx) showed "waiting for settings to take effect" then nothing. I have tried the following:

  • I have attempted the configuration process on Safari and Chrome thinking it could be an issue with the browser.
  • I have removed the parameters for Office365_config, restarted my system and deleted the application on Microsoft entra. attempted again and then the process gets to the same place and then doesn't create anything on Microsoft entra.
  • I have rolled back my changes and attempted the reset again with also updating the parameter office365_config_reset_cache with a 1 (now removed) but same issue.
Our office uses Microsoft 365 for everything so this configuration is needed.

Any help would be amazing, could this be an update issue and we are waiting for a new update to resolve?

Google Chrome showed this information as it was waiting for the settings to take effect.

CleanShot 2025-06-11 at 12.52.29.png



Safari shows the following error as well

CleanShot 2025-06-11 at 13.01.13.png



After posting this as a reply to another issue, I have decided to open a new thread as the other one was an old one and may not have been active or the same issue. I did leave the waiting for settings screen for over an hour, there would be a stack of attempts for my 3CX instance to accept the new settings but 400 errors where being posted over an over again. I have a feeling the latest version of v20 may have a bug that is causing it and could be resolved at the next update.

I have changed our email settings to use 3CX to keep our emails running. Our settings are so that when a voicemail comes through, it is emailed and transcribed then deleted from user accounts. This was done to keep the storage size as small as possible.

We do have Google logins connected as well as users can still SSO to their accounts just not with Microsoft atm. I did see in the previous update that logging in with m365 was not working. You would attempt to login and just be returned to the login page without any error message. Possible that I have a bug in my instance so any guidance would be helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Darren
 
Are you using any kind of SSL Inspection or Reverse Proxy?
 
no SSL Inspection or reverse proxy.

the setup is 100% following the setup instructions from 3CX.

We have a draytek firewall all setup as 3CX requested.

Prior to the latest update from 3CX, the m365 setup was working fine since upgrading.

I rebooted the linux machine twice yesterday and all services come back up normally.
 
I am also just reading this post: https://www.3cx.de/forum/threads/fehler-beim-email-versand.123318/

and I can see that they had a similar issue but was a time issue. Just looking at the export from the system

CleanShot 2025-06-12 at 12.07.45.png - this is showing +1 hour


but my PBX is set to +0 hours for London. Could that be causing the problem?

I will try changing my default time on the PBX to match and try again.
 
nope that had no effect.
 
Hi @darrenmaa

We have tried this on our side and the reconfiguration works without issues. Either recornfiguring or configuring from scratch.

Can you try this again but in the browser devtools navigate to Network tab and check the provision request.
Then check the response.

What do you see there?
 
Will do another attempt now.

Quick question: the only instructions I could find to reset my config was to delete the config parameter. Should I be deleting any of the other settings?

CleanShot 2025-06-13 at 16.00.25.png
 
Using Google Chrome

The first provision request that shows a 204 - no content:

CleanShot 2025-06-13 at 16.04.38.png

This is followed by a 400 - bad request

CleanShot 2025-06-13 at 16.09.01.png

I have attempted to hide my domain from 3CX and my IP Address.
 
Hi @darrenmaa

No, you dont need to delete any of the other parameters.

If you select that 400 Bad Request and click on the "Response" tab. What do you see there?
 
When looking at that response, this is what I am seeing

CleanShot 2025-06-17 at 09.42.22.png
 
Can you check to make sure that the PBX server has the correct time?
 
It looks like it is running an hour ahead

CleanShot 2025-06-17 at 10.38.41.png

but the time settings do seem to be correct:

CleanShot 2025-06-17 at 10.38.53.png


should I set it manually to an hour behind? to see if that resolves it?
 
could this be a daylight savings issue?
 
CleanShot 2025-06-17 at 11.19.56.png

Linux instance is set up correctly.
 
The main thing to notice here are minutes and seconds. Is it exactly following current time?
Try opening something like https://time.is/ and compare with the Linux server.
 
  • Like
Reactions: paulodagraca
strange, it is showing a 15 min difference, how do I correct it?
 
just had to install rpm and reboot the system, it is now connected and confirmatiation seems to have gone through, will do more testing to make sure everything is working correctly.

thank you for your help all