Mobile Chatters - Closes chat automatically if they don't remain focused on the tab/page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBracken

Customer
Joined
Mar 19, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

I would appreciate any response, even if this currently is not possible.

My current issue at the moment is that we have quite a lot of mobile users using the chat feature on my website and the problem I am facing at the moment is a lot of these users will accidentally close the chat by opening a new tab, looking at another app etc. This means they usually have to repeat themselves or they simply just give up and not bother. On PC this is not an issue as clients will tend to keep the tab open and they can do other things without the worry of it closing. I am using the HTML Code generator and hosting it on my Web Server.

I have done my own testing, I have opened a test chat on an iPhone 11 running the latest OS. I sent the first chat message and then set a stopwatch, I then swiped up to look at other apps and I tested this in 10-second intervals and exploring an app like Facebook and then returning to the Safari page where the chat was to see if it had closed. I found that it closed after 30 seconds and the chat had to be completely restarted and could not see the previous chat history.

Is there any way you can get around this? Making it so an Agent has to manually close the chat etc and if someone opens a new page on mobile or switches app for more then 30 seconds and then returns to the page it doesn't just automatically close? I currently have it to a pop-out window so it opens a new chat page tab.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us